Recent content by Scott99

1. Scott99

PVC coupler

thanks for the reply HJ. but I guess I'm not sure how to incorporate a PVC nipple into this. I take it one end would thread into the female copper end but what about the other end? whould the other end thread into a female adapter that is glued to the slip coupler?
  2. Scott99

PVC coupler

thanks for the reply. I just had a PRV installed and replaced all the shutoff and anti-syphon valves. the original spinkler PVC had to be cut from the anti-syphon and a new section just coupled to the top of the old that was sticking up about 2 feet out of the ground. I can see a bit of a...
  3. Scott99

PVC coupler

Greetings, I'm replacing my PVC pipe that feeds my irrigation system. It's the PVC piece that comes from the anti-syphon valve and goes into the ground then elbows out. I want to replace just the exposed piece with copper. No problems with getting the copper into the ground with a copper...
  4. Scott99

Tub replacement

vent and drain setup correction after help and local code book looks like the water closets in my setup described above was not up to snuff.. tore half the house down but found another stack. I thought both the upper and lower level water closets, sinks, and tubs connected to the same stack...
  5. Scott99

Tub replacement

Code? thanks for the reply. My tub seems to drain just fine, but not sure if this meets code. I'm pretty sure I'm IRC. In order to change to 2" ptrap I will have to remove the tub and start this process over. something I can't do once I start the shower surround. Can anyone tell me...
  6. Scott99

Tub replacement

vent and ptrap clarification after a bit of research I think there are multiple vent configurations, two of which below: - dedicated vent - stack vent lower level of two story: I think what I have is a stack vent since my drain(stack) which is my main waste drain for my toilet and...
  7. Scott99

Tub replacement

so it took me a good day to dry fit - remove tub, dry fit -remove tub,,,, to get the shoe lined up with the tub and the tub level. used 1.5" trap before reading those last posts. needless to say had to drop everything to run and measure the distance. I'm 32" from the stack which runs...
  8. Scott99

Tub replacement

pics with tub removed.
  9. Scott99

Tub replacement

glue?? what steps? okay I need to get a crackin on this, been putting it off long enough.. I chipped out the old trap as posted above, and cut out the old trap. I have the new tub in place and have created a few access panels, but there is not much for access as you can see. I chipped...
  10. Scott99

Tub replacement

I'm going to leave it as a tub/shower combo, so now I just need to decide on 2" or 1.5" trap, I have both. any advantage to leaving the trap at 2" with a 1.5" riser? if I swap it out with a 1.5" it will give me a little more room to work with without having to chip out more concrete.
  11. Scott99

Tub replacement

thanks Cass. Just curious as to why they had a 2" trap with 1.5" riser originally? also when I put the new trap in should I wrap it with carpet pad(as it was) or someother type foam for isolation before filling with cement? I found a some Oatey closest spacer foam that could easily do...
  12. Scott99

Tub replacement

trap size It doesn't say on the cleaner jar if you can wait or not. I was just asking as I recall last time I used the cleaner it was almost like using the glue. definitely can tell the difference between ABS cleaner and PVC cleaner.. anyway on my trap, should I go with a 2inch trap and...
  13. Scott99

Tub replacement

ABS glue question on ABS cleaner: can you use the cleaner on the pipe and wait a period of time before you actually use the ABS glue and attached the pieces? or do you need to apply cleaner then glue in one step? it seems the cleaner is also a solvent that melts the pipe when applied.
  14. Scott99

Tub replacement

okay, so about 2 hours of chipping away concrete I can see the drain and trap that I need to remove. looks like I don't have an option of changing just the drain as there is no riser showing in order to couple a new drain to. look like from the trap there is a 2 to 1.5 reducer coupling that...
  15. Scott99

Tub replacement

should I use mortor mix or concrete mix to fill the hole after I replace the drain?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks