Recent content by Scott-Perry

1. Scott-Perry

Takagi tankless nightmare

Phil Armstrong is from the UK, where winters are mild. No wonder his good luck with these heaters.
  2. Scott-Perry

Again, if you're north of the Mason-Dixon line, and your winters are harsh, beware. If you have mild winters, go for it. When I lived in Michigan, they were notorious for only lasting 8 or 10 years, and then having to be replaced due to cracked coils. Now here in California, they seem to last...
  3. Scott-Perry

Does a water softer shorten the life of your water heater?

While tankless hot water heaters do not seem to have the problem of their hot water having a "sulfuric smell," they do have the problem of not doing well under the conditions of hard water. Because tankless heaters have such small diameter waterways (usually 1/2 inch diameter), a little bit...
  4. Scott-Perry

Takagi was designed and built originally to work in Japan, where the winters are fairly mild. This unit should never be used in areas in America North of the Mason Dixon line where winters can be harsh. The unit simply was not designed to handle incoming water temps of under 45 degrees, and...
  5. Scott-Perry

SharkBite connectors

I have been doing plumbing for 40 years. I think shark bites came out in the last 10 years or so. So far I have only seen one of them fail. It failed on a system that was not properly freeze protected. Being the weakest point in the system, the shark bite fitting failed before anything else...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks