Recent content by ScoopKona

1. ScoopKona

Raising a toilet, turning a sink into a shower, and then walling it all in....

Three inch. Plan is to create an extension and run the shower pipe into the extension. If that doesn't work, just punch it out the side of the building.
  2. ScoopKona

Well, since the toilet drain needs to be lifted a couple/few inches, I could just tie into that. Even create a mini "U" to keep the stink away. Or I could just punch out through the concrete SIDE (not slab), and then run the shower drain parallel to the toilet drain. There is no old flange. The...
  3. ScoopKona

1) This house was built in the 1950s. I made sure to post that in the original message. 2) Take everything you know about code and throw it away. Please. I'm not trying to be snarky. Just that this is not a nice house. This is not a code question. The studs on this house are a minimum three...
  4. ScoopKona

I am utterly unconcerned about code for this project. This is temporary housing until I can clear enough land to build a nice house. I am willing to invest a few dollars and a few hours to have a working shower with hot water instead of using a garden hose to shower as I am currently doing...
  5. ScoopKona

I do indeed want to keep the toilet. But that entire area (you can see where I demo'ed the old enclosure around the toilet), will be a shower/toilet combination. Then I'll wall all of that in, put plastic sheeting up, and have a "wet room" for showering, shaving, and "sitting." So, the toilet...
  6. ScoopKona

Pretty rough, huh? This is the lower level of a Hawaii farm house, built in the 1950s. That sink is unnecessary, as I have a kitchen sink directly adjacent. So my goal is to replace the sink with a shower. In order to do this, the toilet will need to be raised. And that's OK because one of bolt...
  7. ScoopKona

Working on the farm...

Working on the farm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks