Recent content by sciguy2902

1. sciguy2902

vent stack covered?

It didn't make sense that I could have done anything outside by the tank, guess it was just a weird coincidence. When I smelled the sewer gas in the shower all the windows were closed. It definitely came from the drain in the tub. The other time the smell was at the toilet in bathrooms with...
  2. sciguy2902

vent stack covered?

I have been in a 30 yr old home for the last 6 years and recently notice a sewer smell in the bathrooms. The septic tank is near a garden and has mint plants growing on top of the tank. My wife and I pulled weeds and thinned out the mint plants and that evening both toilets smelled of sewer gas...
  3. sciguy2902

Leach field end cap?

I have just finished building a leach field for my septic system. Should I cap the end pipe or should it remain open into the rock? Initially I thought it should be open so the effluent could escape if the perforated holes somehow clogged. Now I'm wondering if it would be better to cap the end...
  4. sciguy2902

Brown Well Water

Well, I can verify that the rust will flush out. The fuse blew on my pump the lines drained before I got home. I don't think it dried out totally but it took a while to flush out. I also have pretty low water pressure. The pump guy said the tank pressure is fine so I'm wondering if I have so...
  5. sciguy2902

leach field extension

I bought a house with a septic system that drains a little close to the house. I want to extend the pipe to keep the effluent away from the yard. The current set up has a separate drain from the kitchen presumably to keep grease out of the septic tank and a separate drain from the A/C unit...
  6. sciguy2902

Brown Well Water

brown water I'm no expert either but I have been dealing with a brown water problem. Our area has been identified as having water with a high iron content so we had a filter added to the pump. This cleared up the brown water under normal use but we still see it occasionally when the tank is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks