Recent content by Schieftain

1. Schieftain

Expansion Tank Sizing

Gauge was 75- 80 this morning. Tattle-tale still showed 115 as the spike.
  2. Schieftain

Expansion Tank Sizing

BFP came with the house. I didn't even know we had one until I started reading about this stuff. It's not a big one with turn valves, just the kind that looks like a big fat coupling. Our static pressure seems to have settled at around 64. Will check again in the morning.
  3. Schieftain

Expansion Tank Sizing

Could I try just the tank first, and watch my pressure? Not worry about a prv unless it goes over... X? Also, just want to confirm, you guys are saying for calculating tank size, I use my static pressure, not what it spikes at, right? Our Home Depot has the Watts tanks (PLT-5, PLT-12...).
  4. Schieftain

Expansion Tank Sizing

My gauge does have a tattle-tale and it's showing 115. The regular needle is now at 100 (we ran some things to make the HW heater come on, and it must have been running for a while.) I will leave it on for 24 hours and see what happens overnight.
  5. Schieftain

Expansion Tank Sizing

The T&P valve on our HW heater starting leaking, so I replaced it, and new one still leaks. Getting about 6-8 oz of water every other day, sometimes every day. Checked my system pressure and am getting around 74psi when HW heater is not running, but 100-115 psi when it has been running for...
  6. Schieftain

Air Ease Furnace Cycling

We have an Air Ease Ultra80 oil furnace. (combo forced air heat/AC system). Model # LUF80A112/125D20-2 A Last summer I installed a LUX programmable thermostat (TX9100E). Had no issues with cooling in summer. Now that the heat is coming on, I noticed the furnace is cycling differently...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks