Recent content by Sbude57

1. Sbude57

New house diagram

Are you on a sewer system, or septic tank? That pretty much dictates where you have to start. If it's septic, generally it comes in rather high, in which case any basement fixtures would have to be on an ejector. The rest of the house would be gravity. Might still have to be that way with a...
  2. Sbude57

Water Supply to Barn

I assume you're running it underground? If so you would better off using High Density Polyethylene, it's typically what is used for water services. 3/4" should suffice. I see you're in Michigan, so bury it deep. Check your local codes and see what is recommended.
  3. Sbude57

Pinhole Leaks In Copper House Lines

What about municipal water? Would that be feasible?
  4. Sbude57

Drain/vent for new basement sink

I would eliminate the vent off the bar sink and just use an AAV. The way your kitchen sink is vented would not be allowed here. You could use a 2"x 1-1/2" TY for your bar sink.
  5. Sbude57

Thanks for the replies. My first thought was the well water, but then I'm seeing the problems in areas with city provided water. Tuttles answer is pretty much what I've been getting, no one is really sure why it is happening. Job security , I guess, lol.
  6. Sbude57

I initially came across this problem at my brother's place in the Southeastern part of the state. He began to get tiny leaks on his horizontal runs of copper. I'd repair the leak, and a few months later another would appear in a different spot. Finally after a few more I went in and replaced his...
  7. Sbude57

Kingston Brass, Shower Valve ID

Thanks Marlinman, I really appreciate it.
  8. Sbude57

Is he on this forum? A little more information. The home owner contacted the previous owner who had initially remodeled the shower. His "plumber" who cannot be found, bought it at Lowes...he thinks. Off to look at Glacier Bay shower valves.
  9. Sbude57

New member, long time lurker. I'm a plumber in Powell OH, and have a customer who broke the handle off her shower valve. Part of the valve stem went with it so I need a new cartridge. Well I've located the cartridge, but she has lost or discarded the trim. I've looked at all the major...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks