Recent content by Sbcvulcan

1. S

Stud Finder

Won;t touch this one.
  2. S

Stud Finder

Any opinions on the best mid range stud finder? I;m looking at Zircon and Stanley.
  3. S

Old light switch swap

I think I am good with the two screw swap but now i have uncovered the following. I have looked at two more switches in the house and guess what? None of them are wired the same as the other and different switches were used in two of them. I have an old hall light switch with three screws...
  4. S

Old light switch swap

well can i safely assume the black is neutral and can be grounded or am i just safer taking those same two wires on the old one , hooking them up to new switch and leaving the black capped no grounding? okay on the discoloration, it is amazing how it all discolored so much but 50 yrs could do...
  5. S

Old light switch swap

sorry to refer as poles. there are three screws on the new one and one is the ground. It is the same type of switch just newer. THe tan is truly tan, not discolored. I've seen it through the house. Knowing this please advise.
  6. S

Old light switch swap

Have an old two pole light switch that I'd like to update to my three pole. the wires attached currently are tan and red with the black capped. These colors have not been mentioned in any tutorials so i am hoping to get some guidance in wiring correctly. the two screws on the old switch are the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks