Recent content by Sayno2mornings

1. Sayno2mornings

New Submersible Well Pump not building enough pressure

SUCCESS! It turned out the 1st New pump was faulty! Pulled it last night replaced it today and catching up on housework tonight! THANKS!
  2. Sayno2mornings

Here's a pic of the whole system when we FIRST pulled it yesterday
  3. Sayno2mornings

If the pump is off and no water is being used in the house, that pressure holds. The pressure tank is set at 18psi for the 20/40 switch. We JUST pulled the pump up again. Pump is clean, but feels warm to the touch though everything is covered in water. I will check the voltage but the book...
  4. Sayno2mornings

Right so I don't get why we don't get enough pressure. We get like 17psi MAX. And that is after 5-10 min of screwing with the pressure switch. (Which we replaced today just in case the short cycling of the old pump made it go bad)
  5. Sayno2mornings

Sorry for the late reply...it's been exhausting. We know the pump is working because it's holding water in the downpipe which makes it next to impossible for just my husband and I to lift out now... Btw we have a well pit if that matters
  6. Sayno2mornings

The pump is 60 feet down. Hit water at 50 feet bottom is around 75 feet. It's a utilitech pump .5HP
  7. Sayno2mornings

So we have very hard water. Learned most of our plumbing skills by trial and error. Here's my issue. We installed a new .5HP submersible well pump. It will not build up pressure above like 16-17psi. Pressure tank is only 3 weeks old so that's not it. Bought a new 20/40 Pressure switch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks