Recent content by Sandy T

1. Sandy T

Is this a check valve?

Royalflush001, Thank you so much for the guidance of using acetone! It worked very nicely for removing the glued check valve. Another question,, after removing the check valve, I realized the drain pipe is only 1 inch. Is it ok to keep the one inch pipe? I had a flooding issue in the area...
  2. Sandy T

Is this a check valve?

Thank you for the confirmation! Then, is there a type of check valve that's glued ?
  3. Sandy T

Is this a check valve?

Hello experts! Is this a check valve? It looks like it, but I wanted to make sure. If so, how can I remove it? I am trying to install a new check valve, but it's hard to remove the one in the picture. I tried to turn it anti-clock wise, but it doesn't turn! Please help. Thank you!
  4. Sandy T

A tiny bit of water on the back of shut off valve after replacing

Thank you all again for such great advice !! I am not a skilled DIYer, I just do as whatever online info says to save bucks. Having said that, I am not certain which point is too much tightening to make dimples and which point I still can force more to tighten....
  5. Sandy T

Thank you all for the valuable information and advice. It dripped over night. Just one drop, but irritating. I think it was because of the copper pipe itself. The ferule was a new one that came with the valve. But when I took the old one off, because it was stuck, I turned it left and right...
  6. Sandy T

Hi, I just replaced a shut off valve under a bath vanity sink. The compressor ring was rusted and corroded, and it was hard to remove (wiggled, shook, etc. and then sanded a bit and washed it with vinegar the copper pipe after removal. After putting a new shut off valve, I touched with a...
  7. Sandy T

Sump Pump internal discharge pipe water leaks

Thank you Fitter30! Right, I tightened the top clamp, but after a while it got loose again. Greatly appreciate sharing the valuable information and knowledge !
  8. Sandy T

Hi Bannerman, Thank you soooo much for your explanation and suggestions! I haven't received a notification for a reply, so I just saw your reply by random checking in. I was thinking no one replied. I will try that method this weekend as the heavy rain passed and is not forecasted at...
  9. Sandy T

Hi ~ I will greatly appreciate it if I get some advice on this issue. The internal discharge pipe has a leak (? I mean a lot leak) or doesn't pump up the water properly when the pump runs. When it tries to pump up, some amount of water come out from the top of the coupling (Red arrows in the...
  10. Sandy T

Is it normal that HVAC compressor starts 40-50 minutes after the outdoor unit turns on?

I had another technician taking a look at the problem yesterday and while doing so, I learned that I already had a hard start kit. Also, a worsened symptom was that the compressor didn't even start for two hours in the afternoon while the fan was running. So, I watered it to cool the compressor...
  11. Sandy T

Is it normal that HVAC compressor starts 40-50 minutes after the outdoor unit turns on?

Hi LLigetfa, yes, it is much hotter in the afternoon (above 90F) compared to the morning (75-85F), but the compressor is not in direct sun and my house doesn't have larger windows letting in sunlight. But, also yes the AC's off-time is just about 5-7 minutes between operations. If this short...
  12. Sandy T

Hi LLigetfa and Bannerman, I greatly appreciate your explanations and suggestions. Speaking of cooling performance, yes it is as good as in the past and as long as the compressor runs, it feels very cool inside the house. My bottom line question is why the delayed start of compressor only...
  13. Sandy T

Hi LLigetfa, then, what do you think is the reason for the delayed start of the compressor? So far, the suggestions are adding a hard start kit or replacing TXV. Hi Fitter30, I have read the reviews of hard start kit you suggested. It seems like it could solve the issue. But before...
  14. Sandy T

Hi LLigetfa, Thanks for reference. I've read the article and have a question. Then, do you mean 40 minutes late start of the compressor is normal and even preferable? In the hot afternoon, the inside temperature keeps going up and it's not cooling for 40 minutes until the compressor runs...
  15. Sandy T

Thank you ! and good for you to have a friend with knowledge and skills !!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks