Recent content by SamSLC

1. SamSLC

Stinky washer in brand new house

Do you think it’s worth having an independent plumber come take a look at it? Our 1 year warranty will be up in February and if they didn’t do something properly, I’d like to get it fixed before that warranty is up
  2. SamSLC

Thanks for that response. I really don’t think it’s the WM because we have cleaned it a few times since this started happening. Also this never happened in our previous house, just in the new one (same washer, new house) I am just wondering if the builder’s sub missed something in the way of the...
  3. SamSLC

Thanks for the insight and the links. I’ll check it out
  4. SamSLC

Okay... sorry one other question... so the floor drain doesn’t get used regularly but shouldn’t that be the same drain connection that the drain for the washer uses? Or are they not connected? Because we do use the washer regularly but the floor drain itself is just for emergency if the washer...
  5. SamSLC

So is it moisture that’s creating the smell? Or lack of?
  6. SamSLC

Thanks for your help. I appreciate the feedback!
  7. SamSLC

Thanks... it does smell worse with the lid down. And I have run the clean cycle with bleach but to no avail. There is a floor drain beneath in the washer that smells (that’s the one I’ve poured water through). I will try the cleaning cycle again though.
  8. SamSLC

Our washer has been smelly For sometime now and wondering if the builder plumbed something wrong? I have run water through the drain... which I never have had to do in our previous house... I have cleaned the washer several times... am I missing something? Could the drain perhaps not be properly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks