Recent content by Samat

1. Samat

Wall Mounted Toilet - Opening a Can of Worms?

Just reframe the wall with 2x6 without ripping them down gives more working room. I installed a Cheviot wall hung which is very similar to a Geberit and once the plumber and carpenter saw the carrier and toilet it was very easy to figure out. My plumber had never done one before but installation...
  2. Samat

Moen chrome not matching

9 years ago completely remodeled bathroom with walk-in shower and moen chrome hardware. Installed a 24 inch Moen Kingsley grab bar. Well after 9 years chrome on grab bar started to peel so purchased a replacement. Put it up and noticed chrome did not match. New bar had a yellowish tint and rest...
  3. Samat

Can an American Standard Champion 4 be converted?

Check to see if it has an adjustable flapper. My cadet pro had a adjustable flapper and after adjusting to max it works perfect. Never have to double flush.
  4. Samat

14” rough-in options: AS Cadet Pro or Toto?

I have a cadet pro 14 inch and it does not extend farther into the room. I believe it is actually made as a 14 inch and not a 12 inch with a deeper tank.
  5. Samat

American Standard Cadet Pro

Just checked out the flapper. It’s a fluidmaster 540. The flapper was set to 1 adjusted it to 10. Think this will solve my problems. Flushes much more water.
  6. Samat

The bowl seems to always be at the correct level and there is no opposing bowl.
  7. Samat

Everything is set up properly. It’s just annoying that this intermittent problem of not flushing fully happens. I will try a adjustable flapper to see what happens. It just makes no sense why it happens intermittently with both solid and liquid waste. The second flush always works. My real...
  8. Samat

I have an American Standard Cadet Pro elongated toilet. It is a 1.28 GPF version. What can I do to convert it to a 1.6 GPF version. In order to make it flush totally all the time I hold the handle down extra time. Still at times it doesn’t burp and break the siphon. I thought that making it a...
  9. Samat

New Toilet Recommendation

That looks to be about $890 US. Not cheap but they may have run into other problems.
  10. Samat

New Toilet Recommendation

I have both a Viper and a Cadet Pro. The cadet is a 1:28 gpf and the Viper is a 1.6. The Viper seems to have a better bowl wash but that could be to the 1.6 flush. The Cadet sometimes needs a second flush but is a better looking unit. The Viper appears to be bigger. Both are elongated bowls...
  11. Samat

Wall hung toilets with in-wall tanks.

I installed a Cheviot wall hung unit which I believe is very similar to a Gerabit. It’s actually Vitra unit from Turkey sold by a Canadian company and has performed excellently for almost 9 years now. Has anyone else ever had any experience with this unit? This one is located in Nepal.
  12. Samat

Navien CH-180 won't increase supply temp

Can’t help you there
  13. Samat

Navien CH-180 won't increase supply temp

You need to change the main Printed Curcuit Board to get it to 180 degrees. Navien supplied me the board for free but I was under warranty at the time. The unit comes standard with a 160 board. I had to do this on my CH210. They also require that you switch to CPVC exhaust piping which is very...
  14. Samat

Replaced expansion tank what happened?

When it was cool I set the pressure to 12.3 by shutting off the fill valve and relieving the pressure with the drain. Right now the unit is not running and the pressure is 14.5 at 137F
  15. Samat

Replaced expansion tank what happened?

I guess the new expansion tank di it’s job. Cold night boiler 179 degrees 23.2 psi.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks