Recent content by Salguod

1. Salguod

Water Softener Drain

My sump pump exits through pvc pipe in my crawl space into the under ground pipe for my downspouts. I was thinking of putting in a connection with an air gap in the crawl space, but I didn't think about how much pressure the pump might generate and where that might go. Maybe I can add a one way...
  2. Salguod

Water Softener Drain

Hello, My water softener discharge drains into my sump pump and I've learned that this is hard on the pump and likely voids my pump warranty. I need to reroute it, but not sure how. We are also on a septic system (aeration system with no leach bed that I'm aware of) and I understand that...
  3. Salguod

Grohe Euphoria Leak

Well, I got it sealed. For those who find their way here searching for help like me, here's what I found. Loctite 55 is the sealing cord you need. Check out the data sheet for installation instructions, but these items seem key: 1 - Wrap around the fitting the recommended number of times for...
  4. Salguod

Grohe Euphoria Leak

I'm installing a Grohe Euphoria 360 Shower system in my new shower. I've plumbed in the wall 1/2" PEX to a brass Sharkbite 1/2 female NPT drop ear elbow. The Grohe system has the mixing valve outside the wall. It uses a European straight thread and comes with "easy install adapters" with male...
  5. Salguod

Do I need an anti scald / mixing valve for my tub?

Finally talked to the inspector. He confirmed that I need a way to set max temp. Going to order that sharkbite valve.
  6. Salguod

Thanks for the feedback. I mostly wanted to make sure it's the right type of device and that leaving the cold directly connected to the tub valve while the hot is delivered from the vanity will be OK.
  7. Salguod

Any feedback on my choice of valve and my plans for installing it? I only want to do this once. :D
  8. Salguod

@Tuttles Revenge, I'm curious, are you in Ohio? I have not heard from the inspector yet, but I got this from Pfister: Based on that, and the bulk of the discussion here, it seems like I'm going to need a tempering or mixing valve of some kind. My next question is what, exactly, do I need...
  9. Salguod

It seems like both interpretations are reasonable. It probably comes down to what the inspector thinks. Hopefully I'll hear back from him soon.
  10. Salguod

I guess I assumed if it complied with B125, it would comply with B125.3. I was thinking B125.3 was a subsection of B125, but I'm not sure. It also says "except where such protection is otherwise provided by a combination tub/shower valve in accordance with Section 424.3" and the faucet and...
  11. Salguod

I'm not even sure I'm asking the right question. I was told at plumbing rough that I may need a anti scald or thermostatic mixing valve for my tub. I was referred to Ohio plumbing code 424.3 and 424.5. I'm installing a floor mounted Pfister tub filler and the corresponding rough in valve. Ohio...
  12. Salguod

Horizontal Wye Connection

The dry vent exits the 2" below the floor vertically. I was able to keep that vertical and add two 60 degree bends and reconnect it within the wall. Both lavs on the opposite wall have vents. This is before shifting them to the left, as shown in orange: The pipe to the septic does pick up pipes...
  13. Salguod

Horizontal Wye Connection

Hello, I'm in the middle of a master bath remodel and I'm swapping my tub and shower. I've got my demo done and I now need to update my tub & shower DWV pipes. Here's the layout. Blue is old pipes, orange is the new I'm installing: My question is about the connection at the red circle...
  14. Salguod

Shifting Bath Sinks

Thanks, plan B is what I'm going to do. No back to Home Depot to get the right parts, lol.
  15. Salguod

Shifting Bath Sinks

I'm doing a master bath remodel and that involves shifting the 2 sinks left, one about 19.5" the other around 10". This was my original plan (new pipes in orange). Move the inlets over and create angled connections back to the original drain & vent. But, I don't think I can get 45 degree...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks