Recent content by SabrinaFlorida

1. SabrinaFlorida

Plumbing issue in newly remodeled bathroom

Geniescience, I appreciate your interest in helping, but I could not possibly diagram the plumbing in my house.I don't have the knowledge to do that and I frankly don't understand your posts. The responses re: venting have been very helpful--when I posted, I wasn't sure anything was wrong but...
  2. SabrinaFlorida

geniescience, I'm at work now so can't take anymore photos at the moment. I understand you are saying that venting would not show from underneath, because the venting should be to the roof. I don't know what you mean by "Master plumbers may show you how it's possible to rebuild this so the...
  3. SabrinaFlorida

geniescience, thanks for being willing to look at the plumbing set up. Most of the piping is not in the walls as our living space is elevated with utility rooms underneath. The wood you see is the subfloor to the bathroom. Obviously, the photos are taken from underneath the subfloor from the...
  4. SabrinaFlorida

More info--after reading the responses above, I went into the bathroom and repeatedly flushed the toilet for about 20 minutes, letting the tank refill after each flush. When the water stopped gurgling/percolating in the sink drain, it then began gurgling in the shower drain.I have a very...
  5. SabrinaFlorida

Jim, the contractor did pull permits and our completed bathroom has passed inspections. My husband and I did not look at the permits--they were hanging in our carport while the work was being done, but now that the job is done, they are gone.So I don't know exactly what the permits were for.
  6. SabrinaFlorida

hj, excellent points. We will just tell our contractor the symptoms and let him figure out what's wrong.
  7. SabrinaFlorida

Thanks for the responses. This in NOT good news. We will be talking to our contractor on Monday. Anything else you can think of that I should tell him? Thanks.
  8. SabrinaFlorida

Our house was built in 1970, and we just finished having one of our bathrooms remodeled. We went ahead and had half of our house replumbed (the half that has 2 bathrooms including the remodeled one). When we flush the toilet in our newly remodeled bathroom, we can hear the water gurgle in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks