Recent content by s_mack

1. s_mack

House Fire. So stressed. Pick a toilet for me please!

Thanks! I've asked the contractor to go with the Drake II and I'll eat the extra cost. I'll take a look at the color again... I just told him "white" not really thinking about it. Regarding the fire: Nobody was hurt. We were actually on vacation in Europe when it happened... for better or...
  2. s_mack

[...] Thank you! Absolutely. But "least important" isn't the same thing as "unimportant". That was the point of my follow-up question, to see if the recommendation was Drake-specific or if any TOTO would do. I think I explained that in my post though? I got that sense, yes! And I sure hope...
  3. s_mack

Yes, I imagine the complaints are relative to perspective. I've always had "low flow" but even that is relative) and I've never had a problem like this before this temporary housing. So I can see how people coming from the 7G toilets to 1G are going to be in for a shock... but a lot of the...
  4. s_mack

Thanks. Regarding diet... keep in mind that this is an "all else equal". My diet hasn't change remarkably from one toilet to the next and I don't have this "problem" in any other toilet I use (work, etc). So while I appreciate that changing my diet may help somehow... that isn't the issue I'm...
  5. s_mack

I appreciate the reply, thank you. The Toto Drake II gets reasonably good reviews, although when I scan through the bad ones, it is exactly as I'm concerned about - crap sticking to the walls. The A/S Cadet 3 is actually what the insurance company spec'd, so that would be easy and I wouldn't...
  6. s_mack

Seriously, I'm driving myself and my wife nuts. In a nutshell: Last July we lost 90% of our home to a fire. It took forever for the repair and rebuild to start, but now that its happening, it is happening FAST. And they want us to pick everything. Now. I'm doing my best, but I'm getting...
  7. s_mack

Garbage disposal install in double sink w/dishwasher... why do I have two drain pipes

Thanks... so how/where would you install the garbage disposal? And can I move that vent loop to accomodate the disposal on the left side, or should I just install on the right?
  8. s_mack

Garbage disposal install in double sink w/dishwasher... why do I have two drain pipes

Hi. I found this forum via Google seeing others with similar questions but I've yet to see any reference what I see under my sink. This is a new construction home, not a flip or reno so it should be done "right" I would think (but who knows). I don't quite know what the PVC high loop on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks