Recent content by S Fields

1. S Fields

Shallow Well- 300ft From House?

I have a shallow well being fed from a spring. We had the water tested and it is clean (just hard). We want to use this source of water as an alternative to the sulfur well that is currently running to the house. The well is approximately 6 feet deep and has a quick recovery rate. I pulled (10)...
  2. S Fields

Centaur Catalytic Carbon Question???

Had some problems with a peroxide injection system / catalytic carbon filtration system for a well with high sulfur content. I replaced the carbon media and it ran about 2 days before the smell returned. Found out late tonight, peroxide was not being injected into the static mixer. Got it fixed...
  3. S Fields

20+ PPM Sulfur - Suggestions?

Even with it going through our peroxide / carbon filtration system you wouldnt recommend the spring? We wasnt planning on using it for cooking or drinking (or the well either for that matter). Im between a rock and hard place sounds like! City water is 1/2 mile up the road and $10,000 to run it...
  4. S Fields

We shut it off to the house because the smell would make you sick. I dont know how people can stand having sulfur water! Im torn between spending more money on trying to remove the sulfur or trying to pull water from a spring thats about 200 ft from the house. We found it down in the edge of...
  5. S Fields

Thanks for your response. The company I purchased the peroxide injection / catalyst carbon system from said it didn't need a retention tank that the peroxide would oxidize the sulfur immediately. Im starting to wonder if it needs more time? I had a bad experience with chlorine pellets.. (opened...
  6. S Fields

I had posted earlier this year about sulfur problems with a recently drilled well. We are now without water due to the sulfur contamination and desperately looking for help / advice. Here's what we've done: July 2011 - New home, city water not available, well drilled, ran for 3 days out of...
  7. S Fields

Pump Question

We're getting it tested... and wouldn't be drinking it.
  8. S Fields

Pump Question

Some of you may have read my post about the sulfur situation. I bought a LaMotte sulfur test kit and it is between 18 - 20ppm at the well and 5ppm at the faucet after going through peroxide and carbon. My wife and I have about decided to go a separate route, because we're afraid the high sulfur...
  9. S Fields

SULFUR - After hydrogen peroxide system installed - HELP!

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I gave the specs of the well (GPM & water test readings) to the filtration company, and he matched up this system to our needs. I did research air injection, but was convinced by the filtration company, that this peroxide injection system, followed by the catalyst...
  10. S Fields

SULFUR - After hydrogen peroxide system installed - HELP!

Just found this forum and hoping some of you experts can help me. The basics: Bought a mobile home in July 2011, no city water available, so we had well drilled. Immediately, we had very strong sulfur content 10+ ppm. The well driller installed a pressure tank and we ran a hose out of it and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks