Recent content by Ryan_Z71

1. Ryan_Z71

Am I right with this shower drain?

Sounds like we are on the same page to use a no-caulk drain. Would you agree using a brass model is better than using another ABS one? The original ABS one opened up between the threads that the compression rings tightens into to squeeze the accordian seal. Thank you for your replies!
  2. Ryan_Z71

Hi Terry, So if I understand you right, you mean that we could use a solvent weld drain? I would imagine that would then entail installing the assembly onto the base first, trimming the riser off the P-trap just right, and then working like mad to apply the solvent and drop the pan/drain...
  3. Ryan_Z71

My brother has a 3 year-old manufactured home that was set atop a rather nice poured wall basement (10-foot height even). The Master Bath has a 48" walk-in shower stall whose drain was leaking into the basement. The problem is that the shower P-trap sits right on one of the main steel girders...
  4. Ryan_Z71

Need DWV Guidance

Haven't been by in awhile, but a quick note following up. Thanks to Tuffy's guidance, I made a successful install only needing to add more support hangers and raise my vents above the roof an additional 6" (probably because of this past winter's accumulations) to get the approval.
  5. Ryan_Z71

Matching American Standard, Kohler, Toto color in Bone-almond and Linen-biscuit-beige

American Standard versus Kohler Colors? Good day all! Can anyone help me determine what, if any, Kohler color matches American Standard's "bone" color? I have been to 3 different stores (Home Depot, Lowes, and Ace Plumbing), gotten two "certain" answers that are opposite of each other, one...
  6. Ryan_Z71

Need DWV Guidance

I wish I could thank you in person! Tuffy, I worked from what you provided and was issued my permit yesterday! All that was requested is that the shower be vented by itself. I went to the plumbing supply today and purchased the fittings and cement. I asked the inspector if there was any...
  7. Ryan_Z71

Need DWV Guidance

Isometrics hj, I can read plans without confusion. I trained as a mechanical draftsman when Rapidograph pens were the staple, and a draftman's best friends were his T-square, triangles, and eraser shield. Spent many years after working part-time nights and weekends for a fab shop preparing...
  8. Ryan_Z71

Need DWV Guidance

Johnny, Thanks. I really don't know if I can squeeze in the time to learn it. I work two jobs during the week and another on the weekends right now and try to still spend time with my wife and twin 4 year-olds. If no-one really wants to dive in, can someone at least point me to a good...
  9. Ryan_Z71

Need DWV Guidance

HJ, well after going the route of paying the pro and having them go under without finishing the work and paying for work never completed... I had 3 plumbers come look at it over the last month, and cannot find a way to pay for what they estimated - all within 10% of each other. I tried to ask...
  10. Ryan_Z71

Need DWV Guidance

Hello everyone! I found this forum in trying to research DWV requirements. My situation is this: we bought a home with an unfinished in-law suite and had contracted to have it finished for my mother. Unfortunately, our contractor went under with the economy and took our money (we paid 80%...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks