Recent content by Ryan Bennett

1. Ryan Bennett

Downspout PVC size

I assumed the 4" was standard, but I can attach a picture this evening if it would help.
  2. Ryan Bennett

Downspout PVC size

What size PVC would I need from the supply store to prime and glue into a 4” PVC? My gutter downspout flows into a PVC pipe in my driveway which I accidentally ran over yesterday with my Jeep and shattered into a million pieces. I figure I just need to glue a new pipe into the existing one that...
  3. Ryan Bennett

Toilet Flange Identification

Can anyone identify this type of flange? It doesn’t seem to be the traditional PVC flange that glues into the waste pipe below (maybe its glued over the pipe instead?) Any professional ideas to repair would be appreciated too (repair ring?)
  4. Ryan Bennett

Plumbing run through kitchen bulkhead

We did order custom cabinets, they are already being made. They are 36 inch with crown. The cabinets ordered so not specifically have a built in soffit, but I guess the only option would be to run the pipe through the cabinets somehow and use a filler and crown to dress the tops.
  5. Ryan Bennett

Thanks TR...This was my preferred route, I just didn't know if there are any special codes or regulation in terms of amount of slope or drop from a toilet/tub/sink above or the way the elbows are. I'm not a professional but on paper, it looks like the pipe can at least be raised as you suggest...
  6. Ryan Bennett

Hi all- We are remodeling our kitchen and are about to start the actual work in the coming weeks. The project is being managed by a kitchen designer and all work to be contracted to professionals. I am starting to do some of the demo work myself, which now includes taking a peek inside the...
  7. Ryan Bennett

Toilet Flange Options

Thanks for your feedback guys. I was actually able to get that pipe fitting out of the drain pipe. It was never primed and glued so it came out pretty easily after I made one cut with the sawzall. I was able to use a new flange and the toilet is seated with no leaks. Thanks!
  8. Ryan Bennett

Toilet Flange Options

Thanks for the reply. It is concrete and it is PVC, so you were right in those assumptions. I actually just put new flooring in, so now the finished floor is sitting about 1/4" above the concrete subfloor. The previous set up had no metal ring, but it was a normal plastic flange with a...
  9. Ryan Bennett

Toilet Flange Options

Hi all- I have a basement bathroom that I am renovating and was hoping for some expert support on how to handle setting the toilet properly. This particular bathroom had a smell of sewage gas, which made sense since the toilet was sitting about 1/2" off the finished floor in the back, where...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks