Recent content by Rx1559

1. Rx1559

Any gotchas to plumbing two Big Blue sediment filters in parallel?

Nope! There are no filters installed yet, and I do not plan to install anything before the pressure (booster) pumps. Sorry if it's a bit confusing. The water system is set up as you might expect: 5000 gallon cistern, to dual pumps (in parallel), to dual pressure tanks (also in parallel)...
  2. Rx1559

Any gotchas to plumbing two Big Blue sediment filters in parallel?

I have a 5000 gallon water tank that supplies water to a main 5-bathroom house, and to a near-by 2-bathroom ADU. The water is great quality and doesn't need any treatment. However, we occasionally get sediment coming out of the taps and toilets. It usually corresponds to having to...
  3. Rx1559

Toto S550e wall-hung bidet-toilet runs forever, but only when flushed with the push plate

That's very interesting, thanks for all the great input. it seems very likely that the push plate buttons could be binding. Especially since I never see the running-forever issue when the toilet is flushed electronically (via a button on the remote, or the motion sensor. The issue only...
  4. Rx1559

Submersible pump: When to use relay vs contactor?

There is 500 feet of PVC pipe running underground between the 5000 gallon cistern, which is way the hell off in the deep forest (it's a long story), and the well pump that is near the house. At the well pump, there is a simple SquareD pressure switch (and a small pressure tank which I believe...
  5. Rx1559

Toto S550e wall-hung bidet-toilet runs forever, but only when flushed with the push plate

We have two Toto AP Washlet+ s550e wall-hung toilets. (CWT4263056CMFGA). Normally they either flush themselves automatically, or via the remote, and the flush is fine. Occasionally I will flush them by pushing the physical button on the push-plate, and about 75% of the time, after the flush...
  6. Rx1559

Gosh, I don't really want to add another water tank and pressure-switched valve to the system. Every well company that comes up and looks at our water system has some pressure-switched gadget or another damned valve they think will fix the problem. Oh it's the check valve on the pump. Oh it's...
  7. Rx1559

That's my understanding as well. My well guy mentioned something like "well if the system needs to hold the power, you want a contactor, but yours doesn't so a relay should be fine." This didn't really make sense to me. I figure you buy whatever component is rated to handle the load, in my...
  8. Rx1559

I was trying to keep my post focused just on the well pump electrical, to avoid distracting from the main point. But since you asked I'm happy to describe, the system has always had a 5000 gallon cistern, and used a pressure switch to activate / de-activate the well pump which fills it up...
  9. Rx1559

Hello! I would like to learn when to use a relay and when to use a contactor, for controlling power to my submersible well pump. I am replacing the old system, which uses a pressure switch to signal the pump to come on and off, with a fancy new 12V DC SmartWater pump controller. My water...
  10. Rx1559

Help me understand my kindof complex well water system

So the well guys came. It is indeed a pressurized system, and there is an above-ground failed check valve (debris was blocking the seal) that was replaced, and also a failed check valve (or a hole) somewhere in the drop pipe that we'll address next time I need to pull the pump. The PumpSaver...
  11. Rx1559

Wow, thank you for your prompt responses! So my well pump is, or at one point was intended to be, switched on/off by a pressure controlled turn-on switch. That totally makes sense looking at the well head components! Exactly where are the two end-points of the pressurized system? One would...
  12. Rx1559

Geez, there's always something breaking or not working right with our water system! I am eager to learn how I can do my own repairs and how I can increase the reliability of this system! But our water system components never seem to quite match up to what's on the various YouTube videos and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks