Recent content by Rwbil

1. Rwbil

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Update 7/29/23 Well I went with Uponer and hope and preying it was just a bad patch of piping. But honestly, I am starting to wish I went with SharkBite. One of the reasons I went with Uponer was I was thinking everything would be in stock so I could just head to Ferguson or WinSupply and...
  2. Rwbil

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Another Update To my surprise, I found I have yet another option. I knew Home Depot Carried Chinese Made Apollo Pex-A, but last time I checked Lowes only carried Pex-B. But I was at Lowes so I checked and they now carry Shark Bite Pex-A and it looked like most of the fitting I would need. I...
  3. Rwbil

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

Update - July 17, 2023 I wanted to provide you with an update on my progress. Unfortunately, I am still facing challenges in determining which piping to use for my project. While Sioux Chief seems like a promising option, I have discovered that none of the local suppliers near me carry their...
  4. Rwbil

Pex-A Shutoff Valves and Kitchen Sink Piping

First Question is in regards to Angle Shutoff Valves with Pex-A piping. Over time, I have experienced the need to replace these valves as they tend to go bad. While I have been hesitant about using push-to-connect valves, I am particularly concerned about using Pex-A barb shutoff valve in case I...
  5. Rwbil

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

While I don't have definitive information to share, I learned that Jones Stephens products are manufactured in Spain. I'm unsure whether this is advantageous or not. I am determined to use expansion fittings and prefer the convenience of being able to pick up necessary fittings locally, rather...
  6. Rwbil

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

I wanted to provide a follow-up regarding my search for suitable PEX pipe and fittings. Unfortunately, the process has been rather disheartening thus far. After conducting some research, I had initially considered using Zurn PEX-B pipe and their F1960 Expansion Fitting. However, when I contacted...
  7. Rwbil

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

While it is intriguing that PEX-B is compatible with the Uponer Expansion tool, I have some concerns about its flexibility when compared to PEX-A. One of the aspects I truly appreciated about PEX-A was its ability to run smoothly from the home run manifold to the shutoff valve without the need...
  8. Rwbil

Uponer Pex-A for Repipe

I am inquiring about the need to repipe a house. Initially, I was considering using Pex-A, which I have used in another home. However, I have recently come across lawsuits regarding Uponor Pex piping failures. This is disheartening since my previous research indicated that Uponor Pex-A was...
  9. Rwbil

Installing Pex Plumbing through ceiling

It is in a closet with the air handler. I know it looks messy. I started to use foam but that was a mess. I like to make it look better and I have another one I will be doing so want to know the best way to do it. The ceiling has sheetrock. I started to try and make individual holes, but...
  10. Rwbil

Installing Pex Plumbing through ceiling

Re-piping a house with Pex. Using a home run system and going through the ceiling in a closet into the attic. So I cut out a square in the drywall to run all the pipes into the attic. Also insulating the pipes and the insulation comes down into the Closet just a few inches. My question is...
  11. Rwbil

Ideal Toilet Flange Height

This is the toilet flange. If not 1/2" pretty darn close to it. https://www.lowes.com/pd/Oatey-PVC-Flange/50315065
  12. Rwbil

Ideal Toilet Flange Height

Not sure the best option for Toilet Flange Height. Remodeling Bathroom. Had to self-Level, so either I put the toilet Flange on top of the new self-leveled concrete slab or on top of the ceramic tile (finished floor). The problem is the flange is 1/2" thick and that is the same height from...
  13. Rwbil

Bathroom Transition / Threshold Options.

Remodeling a bathroom and trying to determine the best transition option between the bathroom and the family room. Deciding between a Marble Threshold or Schulter. The bathroom door opens into the bathroom. Below is a photo showing the Ceramic Tile I will be using, a 4" Marbel Threshold, and...
  14. Rwbil

CPVC Ball Shutoff Valve Stuck

Whoever invented CPVC ball shutoff valves should be fired. Pretty much every time I need to shut one off it is stuck. Just tried to shut one off to the hot water and of course it would not turn and I ended up breaking off the ears, so had to shut the water to the house off. How does one...
  15. Rwbil

Is there a Quick Easy way to know if you CPVC joint bottomed out

When I am in tight areas and sometimes not in tight areas the pipes don't always just easy push together and I then I am not sure did it actual bottom properly or not. Just wanted to see if there was a trick of the trade to tell. I use the Yellow One Step glue and during pressure testing had...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks