Recent content by RunninRich

1. RunninRich

From one shower head to two.

So does anyone know the answer? Measure from the bare pipe, yea I get that. Is 5 GPM enough? Is it a secret? Rich
  2. RunninRich

So, if I get more than 5 GPM from the shower stem, then I'm good for two heads provided my plumber can plumb the proper loop system? Rich
  3. RunninRich

How can I tell if my water pressure is sufficient to do this? I can remove the shower head and measure the GPM and/or PSI. Is that information enough to make a decision. How much would I need? Rich
  4. RunninRich

Air chamber neccessary?

I have torn out the vanity and am going to replace it with a pedestal sink. The pipes are galvanized and both the hot and cold have an air chamber for water hammer. I am switching to copper, is the air chamber neccessary? Rich
  5. RunninRich

Remove cast iron tub

If pulling it out whole is not an option, it could be broken into more manageable pieces with a sledge hammer. Cover it well, heavy blanket or something to keep pieces contained as much as possible. Eye protection as well as ear protection. Use gloves and care when handling the broken pieces...
  6. RunninRich

Sweating a supply line over a few days...

I'm no 'smart pro', but I think putting a valve in before your work would be the best idea. That way you could keep the water out of the pipes you are working on which is a plus and have now interuption to the rest of the house. That said, to cap them off, you just sweat a cap on. Then either...
  7. RunninRich

Shower diverter that won't

Installed just 5 months ago. It's PricePfister, three controls, one for hot and one for cold the middle is the diverter. Worked great for 5 months but now will not divert to shower. When the handle is turned the tub shuts off but no water flows to showerhead. Have taken the diverter apart as...
  8. RunninRich

Vessel sink installation

Do I use any adhesive and what kind? The countertop is granite tile and the sink is marble. Rich
  9. RunninRich

Strange toilet problem

Have not tried to run a line through it. I'll give it a go tomorrow. Still don't know how something in the throat explains why it will work if a couple of drops of soap are added. Rich
  10. RunninRich

Strange toilet problem

Toilet is Standard Collection by American Standard. It will not completly flush, the water level stays the same in the bowl. If water is poured into the bowl it will empty. I have removed the toilet, wax seal looks great, can't see anything from the bottom. Tried a couple of adjustments...
  11. RunninRich

TP doesn't flush

Solids okay but if just a little bit of toilet papet is used it won't go down. I noticed that the bowl does not empty, but the tank fills to the correct height. When installed the whole toilet had to be slid forward a bit for the tank lid to fit on, due to the wall being built out a bit with...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks