Recent content by ruggles531

1. ruggles531

Shower pan installation with backer board

Thanks so much for the info guys. That's some great information.
  2. ruggles531

Good to know. I would have thought something like that would be mentioned on the Hardiebacker website. So, if I install the shower pan flush with the studs, put some poly behind the backer board and lap it into the shower pan, and leave the 1/4" gap between the backer board and shower pan lip...
  3. ruggles531

In my ensuite I was told just to install the backerboard to the studs and tile right on top of it. I wasn't informed I should be putting a waterproof layer on. The Hardiebacker web site never mentioned using any. What is the recommended installation practice? Also, is it OK to just leave the...
  4. ruggles531

I installed a shower pan in my ensuite two years ago. The pan was a solid unit with a 1/2" lip around the edge. I installed it flush with the stud wall and put Hardiebacker 1/2" board on the wall, running it flush with the lip on the pan. This worked great and I was able to install my tiling...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks