Recent content by rspfau

1. rspfau

My Delta shower valve installation doesn't look right...

So you're saying that the one in the photo from the company is 1/4 turn off also? In that photo, you can see the word UP on the valve body--just like mine. You can also see that the stair step pattern is on the upper left and lower right and that the screw holes are on the upper right and...
  2. rspfau

Wellll, I'm pretty sure it's on correctly. Tried rotating it and it doesn't work at all any other way. Each of the four sides have a different type of attachment--it's dummy proof! I added some more photos to show that the valve body itself is facing up and that the plaster guard is also...
  3. rspfau

Nope, it's on correctly--it's designed so that there is only one way to put it on. Yep, 1/2" cbu and 1/4" thick tile. I did mock up the parts--that's how I noticed the disagreement between the valve and trim sleeve. With the 2x4 stringer I have installed, the valve sticks out almost an inch...
  4. rspfau

I've seen quite a bit of discussion about how to install shower valves...seems like it ought to be very simple. But something seems to be wrong with my Delta shower valve installation. I understand that the plaster guard should be flush with finished wall. I installed it so that would be the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks