Recent content by Rslaback

1. Rslaback

Rubber flange on the back side of a Prier outdoor mixing stem

So basically an easily defeatable rubber check valve to prevent anything in the faucet from making it to the water supply?
  2. Rslaback

Rubber flange on the back side of a Prier outdoor mixing stem

So some idiot who looks a lot like me left the hose on the C-108 faucet on the outside of our house this winter and as expected it split the side of the coper extension that goes back into the house. I figure it is worth giving a solder repair a try but I noticed that it tore the back of a...
  3. Rslaback

Driven point well can't seem to open the check valve.

Well is putting out 7.2 gallons per minute at the hose bib with the pump catching the system so I think I am ok with the 1" foot valve. From what I understand poly pipe isn't meant for a suction application like this, it isn't designed to get squeezed and held in a well seal and having barbed...
  4. Rslaback

Finally have some progress and a reliable well system. For those of you who guessed that this was just at the limit of the pump you were correct. After the pipe ID reduction attempt failed to provide results I got mad enough to pull the top off the driven pipe and shove a length of poly pipe...
  5. Rslaback

I though that could have been the issue as well which is why I put the vacuum fitting on the top of that cap. Before I moved the check valve up that was the highest point in the system. I tried vacuuming the supply side completely so there wouldn't be any air in that pipe at all when the well...
  6. Rslaback

The issues are only when the pump is starting after sitting for over an hour giving the check valve time to fully seat. Not sure why you would think that there is a water loss causing this. The pump can pull the water all day long as long as it doesn't stop. The normal water level is at 15'...
  7. Rslaback

I don't think you are fully grasping this well setup. There is no foot valve. This is a shallow jet pump setup with the ejector on the nose of the pump and where the driven pipe is indeed the suction pipe. There is no separate casing. The casing is the pipe and the pipe is the casing...
  8. Rslaback

I was referring more to the function of the venturi on the built in ejector in the nose of the pump. The impeller is going to pull water through that ejector's venturi tube. As I understand any venturi, the faster the fluid movement, the more pressure drop. So if the pump impeller doesn't...
  9. Rslaback

Assuming enough water flow right? The more the actual flow from the impeller, the more the force to pop the poppet?
  10. Rslaback

I know that physics limits the amount of height that I can pull. I think that what is happening is that the pump cannot initially move enough water to overcome the weight of the water in the suction pipe and the check valve spring. I suppose it could also be that it cannot fight the 30psi...
  11. Rslaback

I'm not sure what you are asking. Are you asking what the water level is while pumping? If so, it is pumping so the water level in the pipe is full. If you are asking what the water level is in the pipe when it is unable to open the check then I can tell you that the pipe is also full of...
  12. Rslaback

From what I have read the stickiness in the check valve happens as the o ring flattens and deteriorates. If you look in the first picture you can see my check valve collection. Most of those are the same model and some definitely take more force to get the poppet to open than the others do. I...
  13. Rslaback

This thread sucks without pics. Here is the system as it is currently. The supply horizontal comes through the wall in 1 1/4" and then diverts up about 20 inches to an el then the check valve and then the pump. In this picture you can also see the vacuum system I use to prime it to manually...
  14. Rslaback

I have two vacuum ports on the well right now. One is at the top of the driven pipe before it turns horizontally to go into the shop building. The other is on the top of the pump in place of the priming port. To manually open the check valve I am valving off the system so all I have is my...
  15. Rslaback

I don't think the pump cares about the suction line whatsoever when it is pumping. My thought is that the extra pound or so of water in the suction pipe is then pulling with more force as it tries to escape back into the ground compared to when I had the pump 20 inches lower. I know that the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks