Recent content by rowdy235

1. rowdy235

Source for "Blank" well seal

Thanks for the reply! Those certainly look easier to come by and probably cheaper as well. The top of both the well casings are pretty low to the ground, would that be an issue with one of those? The only time I've seen those used is on a pitless where the top of the casing is a couple feet...
  2. rowdy235

Source for "Blank" well seal

Hey all! I have two unused wells on my property. Neither have a pump in them. Right now both have the standard well seal with plugs installed in the access holes. I was looking to replace the seals with a "blank" seal to better protect the wells and make them look a little cleaner as well. I...
  3. rowdy235

Shallow underground pipe

Thanks guys, sounds like it’s feasible at least. I have some slope between the pump house and shop so that should help with draining the water. We don’t have too harsh of a climate here in my neck of the woods- so would really only need to be worried in the dead of winter. thanks!
  4. rowdy235

Shallow underground pipe

Hey guys, I am wanting to put in a hose spigot at my shop for washing cars and flushing boat motor etc. My shop is about 100’ away from my pump house, but the septic drain field runs between the two, so digging deep with the pipe is not really an option. I was thinking about burying the pipe...
  5. rowdy235

Well Issue or Normal?

Yes, the tank is fed from the top. When the float valve turns the pump off, the inlet is still a couple inches above the water level!
  6. rowdy235

Well Issue or Normal?

Thanks for the reply. Just out of curiosity, why get rid of the check valve? It does freeze here but not often and not for long. I don't think I've seen a pitless but I do like the idea. If I ever have to pull the pump, I think I will do as you suggest and put in a smaller pump with a pitless...
  7. rowdy235

Well Issue or Normal?

Thanks for the responses guys! Yes, the pump ran for about 30 minutes to top off my holding tank. I estimate this was about 150 gallons seeing as the dole valve is a 5gpm. I'm not sure of the hp of the pump, but I remember them saying something about it being a bigger pump which is why they...
  8. rowdy235

Well Issue or Normal?

Hey guys! I have been around wells all my life but this house I am in now is my first with a "complex" well setup. I have a 59' well with a standing water level of 5' below ground surface. The well put out 5gpm when it was drilled in 2006. This feeds a 1500 gal water tank. At the wellhead there...
  9. rowdy235

Tub to shower. Ideas on how to fix.... this

Thanks everybody for the input! A couple follow up questions, 1. I know there is a max length for the trap arm (60” on a 2”?), would this be measured up to the horizontal wye or combo since that is technically where the vent starts (even though it’s horizontal)? 2. In the first picture I...
  10. rowdy235

Thanks Terry, that actually sounds like it would be fairly simple. I have good access under the lav and should probably replace that pipe anyway (currently goes from ABS under sink to galvanized back to ABS). Would the recommendation be to go 2” all the way to the San-tee for the lav p-trap...
  11. rowdy235

Here is a shot of the outside if it helps
  12. rowdy235

Not sure if that was meant to be a wet vent as there is no vent at the lav (originally an s trap now an aav/ p trap) Any ideas on venting the new shower without running a vent through the roof?
  13. rowdy235

Hey guys! Hope all is well and everybody is staying safe. I'm coming down the home stretch (or so I thought) of a bathroom remodel that is over budget and behind schedule, lol. The last major project was to replace the tub with a shower, being as its such a small space. Initially my plan was...
  14. rowdy235

Question about long wire run

Thanks guys for the additional input. I'm not planning on running any sensitive loads. Other than lighting I may run a shop vac or skil saw at the most, all of which use universal motors. I need to get a new breaker anyway so may switch to a 15a just for piece of mind. Of course, the first time...
  15. rowdy235

Question about long wire run

Thanks guys for the input. Sounds like I am good to go, voltage at the panel is around 125v, so probably wouldn't be too affected by the voltage drop.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks