Recent content by rooooney

1. rooooney

Low Pressure issue- i'm stumped

Thanks - that makes sense. I took your advice and put a gauge just after the meter, it reads 80psi. When I draw water anywhere in the house it drops to near zero. So sounds like i have an issue upstream. I did notice that the shut off valve before the meter in the metal pipe is very old and...
  2. rooooney

That has not been replaced. Really hoping that isn’t my issue. But trying to figure out how to eliminate all other possibilities before it comes to that. Not sure how to determine if that needs replaced.
  3. rooooney

Yeah that’s what I did up at the vanity in the bathroom. I just put a garden hose attachment on the cold water side and watched it plummet when I turned on the tub or flushed the toilet. I’m going to try it closer to the meter and see how it moves, I love the camera idea, thanks.
  4. rooooney

I replaced everything off the meter with 3/4 inch cpvc. It the upstairs tub somehow was sucking in air could that mess the whole system up? It’s the farthest from the service entrance.
  5. rooooney

That makes sense. Is there a way to figure that out? If I put the pressure tester in the line right after the meter? The only thing that isn’t new is the old shut off before the meter. Maybe that has an issue.
  6. rooooney

Th aka. currently the only thing plumbed in is the tub, vanity and toilet, nothing else is in the system. I’m just confused why it’s reading such good pressure then everything drops when one thing is used. I’m going to plumb in the kitchen sink, a hose and washer machine today and see if that...
  7. rooooney

I'm rehabbing a home with one 2nd floor bathroom. The bathroom had terrible water pressure if any one fixture was running, and the shower always had bad pressure. When the walls were open I realized the whole home was running off 1/2 pipe. I replaced everything with 3/4 inch from the meter...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks