Recent content by RonnyK

1. RonnyK

Help with Shower/Tub Cartridge Replacement

Nowhere around the handle. I hear you, and just thinking there is something less obvious that I am missing.
  2. RonnyK

It could be, but unlike the exploded view, there is no set screw on the handle.
  3. RonnyK

Hi All, I believe what I have here is a Kohler fixture but I am not positive as it was installed by a former owner. It has developed a drip that I would like to fix by replacing the cartridge. The problem I am having is that while I can unscrew the fitting that seats around the base of the...
  4. RonnyK

Terry Love- cancer update

It is has been a long while since I have been on last-- reflective of my current station in life with not a ton of time for house projects-- and I was saddened to read of Terry's passing. This site has been such a great resource for so many people, and I am heartened by the community Terry...
  5. RonnyK

Advice With Potentially Sticky Issue with Plumber and Sewer Line Cleanout

Hello all, Over the weekend we ran into a situation and I would welcome thoughts and guidance before things resume tomorrow. Here are the basics: We live in a 1920s colonial with public sewer connection. Several years ago, we began experiencing intermittent slow drains, weak flushing and...
  6. RonnyK

Spread Faucet in a Pedestal Sink-- Is There an Easy Solution to this Problem?

I am in the process of installing a pedestal sink with a widespread faucet. The faucet is a Toto Mercer. The spigot screws into a tee connector which then connects to the hot and cold water valves. Here is my problem: the area under the sink has a recess that will only accommodate the...
  7. RonnyK

Toto Carrollton Flush and Fill Questions

Thanks for the replies (the sarcasm, not so much). I live in a 1920's home (and have since 1993) and have never bought a new toilet. I also guess I never used a toilet with a 3" flush valve, which explains why the water exits so quickly.
  8. RonnyK

Toto Carrollton Flush and Fill Questions

Hi, I just installed my new Carrollton toilet (love the look) and wanted to run a few things by those in the know here. Flushing -- The flapper appears well-adjusted based upon the length of the chain, but a simple flip of the flush lever doesn't cause the entire (or most of the) water in the...
  9. RonnyK

Another 4-Inch versus 8-Inch Sink Drill Question

Thanks for the replies. I did look on Google and various websites for pictures and explanations, but the basis for the measurement was not clear to me. My current fixtures are all one-hole. Frenchie-- I am not sure where you are coming from when you talk about limited choices for pop up...
  10. RonnyK

Thanks for the reply. I understand that the choice is up to me when I order the sink, but I was curious about what exactly the 8" (or 4") measurement is between-- valve to valve or valve to spout.
  11. RonnyK

Hi, We are replacing the sink in our very small powder room with a pedestal style where the lav measures 24" x 19". Can someone provide some guidance on whether to go with 4-inch or 8-inch centers on the sink drilling? Does the 8" refer to the distance between each drilled hole (i.e. the...
  12. RonnyK

Toto Carrollton Question

Thanks guys. My current toilet is a small round front, but given that it is a 12-inch rough-in, it comes out practically the same distance as the Carrollton would from its set back position. I was concerned more with the overall look of the toilet's elongated bowl and what appears from...
  13. RonnyK

Toto Carrollton Question

I have a pretty small powder room that I am renovating. I need a 14"-rough in toilet and was looking at the Toto Carrollton. I noted that this toilet, because the bowl is moved back, does not extend out as far as the other "wide tank" 14-inchers. The question I still have is whether the size of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks