Recent content by RonL1

1. RonL1

Fittings vs brazing

I've been reading about using fittings instead of brazing with nitrogen. Something like a rectorseal pro fit, or maybe a sharkbite ( I believe they make refrigerant fittings now) Seems like a much easier way to connect the freon lines. Especially when replacing a coil. Thoughts on this ...
  2. RonL1

Should water Pressure reducing regulator pressure be constant

My priorities may not be in the correct place, but I'm doing my best to conserve water from the well, and keep low operating cost. Currently using the 4.5 gpm for 6-8 minutes per cycle , with 700 air speed from my registers, drawing roughly 10 amps. It's keeping the house at 45 % humidity, and...
  3. RonL1

This is interesting and could work for me. I currently don't have a cycling problem though. My well will only turn on once during a heat pump run. Not that that could change in the future. If I remember, the csv will allow the pump to turn on and then then run up to a set pressure point and...
  4. RonL1

I'm sure he does, I've actually considered one of those too. Thanks for the suggestion
  5. RonL1

I was actually thinking about doing that... thanks !
  6. RonL1

So, being a novice at this, aren't these regulators not supposed to go over the set pressure if the supply pressure goes up, and not go under as long as the supply pressure doesn't go under the set pressure ? Assuming the regulator works like it's suppose to .
  7. RonL1

the well pressure is 40, I set the regulator at 30, the well pressure goes up to 60, The regulator pressure goes to 35. So, why does the pressure go up as my well pressure goes up ?
  8. RonL1

When connected to house plumbing that is supplied by a well, shouldn't a pressure regulator flow valve keep the pressure steady ? The well pressure will cycle from 38 to 60 psi, and I have the regulator set for 28 pounds, but as the well cycles, the pressure will go from 28 to 35. (This is...
  9. RonL1

Best way to plumb doublesink on 42 center

All good advice... I think I've got it now. Thank you all !
  10. RonL1

Best way to plumb doublesink on 42 center

Currently my double sinks (in bathroom) are 42 inches apart (drain to drain) and are plumbed togeather by a t in the middle to 1 p trap out to the stack drain. It passed code 30 years ago, but it's surely not up to current code. It's also starting to get an odor for some reason. So I want to...
  11. RonL1

Reversing solenoid wattage question

Thanks, inmy case it's in cooling mode, just waiting for the thermostat to call for cooling to start. I can hear a faint hum comming from the area of the reversing valve. When in heat mode, there is 0 watts being utilized. So in cooling, I was assuming it is all comming from the reversing...
  12. RonL1

I am looking at my emporia monitor, it's measuring the 220 legs from the geo. The graph above is one leg, the other leg looks similar but more busy. So I'm not measureing just the solenoid, but if I put it in off or heat mode I get flat line 0 watts. So I am really unsure what the geo is doing...
  13. RonL1

The problem is the sporadic amount of watts it pulls... I'm attaching a graph pulled from my emporia monitor. The graph is by the second.
  14. RonL1

When I measure the watts being used in heat mode and the system is not heating, there is 0 watts being used. Once put into cooling mode and cooling is not in effect, there is voltage on the solenoid, but the wattage varies vastly every second. It can go from 0 to 1 to 5 to 10 to 3 .. pretty...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks