Recent content by Ron_Jeremy

1. Ron_Jeremy

How to replace this broken nut?

I just spent the last 3 days looking for a replacement nut that has matching threads but no dice. Every plumber and plumbing supply shop I saw was baffled. One guy who was very familiar with these old Paloma units said he wasn't surprised to see non-standard threads considering the heater was...
  2. Ron_Jeremy

How to replace this broken nut?

You're looking at a Paloma tankless heater. Tried to tighten this nut to stop a slow leak but the nut just split in half. Yes, I have since found out I didn't need the teflon tape but that's incidental at this point. I dunno what the term is, but the pipe is kinda flanged so even if I do...
  3. Ron_Jeremy

Which are the mains cables in my fuse panel (have photo)?

Thanks all for your help -- it did the trick! I connected both sensors and our enery monitor works (I didn't try it with just one sensor installed). Ignore the $0.69 per day -- I wish it was only that much but that doesn't apply to us. Oh, I should've been more clear that our setup is 120V only...
  4. Ron_Jeremy

Which are the mains cables in my fuse panel (have photo)?

I am trying to install an Efergy True Power Meter. Basically, I am supposed to clamp a sensor onto the two mains feed cables, then a white wire to a bus bar and a black wire to a free 15A breaker. The instruction manual is short and basic but I'm need some guidance in determining the equivalvent...
  5. Ron_Jeremy

New low profile fill valve keeps running

Went old school with the float ball and so far seems to have fixed the problem.
  6. Ron_Jeremy

Hi @Marlinman thx for the help. A couple days ago I ordered a new fill valve online. It looks very similar to the one you mentioned. If mine doesn't work I'll try the Coast 49106, and if that doesn't work I'm replacing the toilet.
  7. Ron_Jeremy

I just had an idea. Maybe I could extend the overflow pipe or replace it with a new longer pipe? That way I could use a universal fill valve and I could stuff a brick or something inside the tank to artificially raise the water level so we're not using too much water. Thoughts?
  8. Ron_Jeremy

Hi @Terry when I mentioned the minimum height I was talking about the replacement fill valves available at our local stores -- everything seems to be around 8" or higher.
  9. Ron_Jeremy

Hi @Terry Thank you for continuiing to help :) The overflow tube is 5.25" high measured from the base of the tank, and the max water fill line is about 1" below that figure. Is 6" the lowest the Korky wil go?
  10. Ron_Jeremy

Ok I'll give one a try. Update: I believe I already gave one a try. The problem is the minimum height is 8.5" which puts it well over the top of the drain tube.
  11. Ron_Jeremy

I considered that but the flapper doesn't seem to be the issue because if I turn the water off it's complete silence -- not a trickle. Also, if I turn the water height adjustment valve counter clockwise the running water sound stops immediately.
  12. Ron_Jeremy

Thanks for offering to help :)
  13. Ron_Jeremy

We have a Universal Rundle Bordeau 4005 low profile toilet as seen here: Bordeau 4005 The original fill valve is toast & standard universal fill valves found at local stores are too tall to fit. Anyway, I installed the below 04-4104 low profile fill valve: 04-4104 It fills the tank just...
  14. Ron_Jeremy

New bathroom sink drain tailpiece won't stop leaking

Hi @Terry thx for the prompt reply! Can I give plumber's tape a try? I don't have pipe dope but can buy some if you advise against me first trying with tape.
  15. Ron_Jeremy

New bathroom sink drain tailpiece won't stop leaking

I've gone down a rabbit hole in order to fix a (seemingly) simple problem. I noticed some water slowly leaking under the bathroom sink. The water was dripping off the bottom of the p-trap (not from the water supply lines) so I replaced everything from the sink pop-up stopper to the drain line...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks