Recent content by Rocknroj

1. Rocknroj

wolverine brass shower body..old vs new?

These guys responded to my inquiry regarding how to determine which cartridge I have. Rare indeed. https://secure.lockeplumbing.com/detail.asp?c=Faucet%20Parts%20U%20through%20Z&s=Wolverine%20Brass&s2=%20&sku=WOL-85107&r1=WHE-USS25C
  2. Rocknroj

wolverine brass shower body..old vs new?

thanks for reading.. After much research I figured out my shower valve as being a wolverine brass. They made a change in 2009 and use some different cartridges. From what I can tell the newer valve calls for a 3.25 cartridge and the older is 2.25. kind of in a pinch as I don't want to pull...
  3. Rocknroj

In search of old Wirsbo or Uponor PEX

How can you tell the date? Is there a translation reference somewhere? Thanks...
  4. Rocknroj

steel lined abs? Anyone seen this

great idea.. I still have one open... it looks very clean like stainless...
  5. Rocknroj

straight discharge or drop from disposal connection

Good day. Another disposal hook-up drain height problem here. Managed to put it together with a straight pipe from the disposal to a 't' fitting at the other bowl then down to the trap. Needed an extra piece between the 't' and the trap which bothers me. Now I am reconsidering as it was a...
  6. Rocknroj

steel lined abs? Anyone seen this

A duplex building built in 1976, Everett WA. Been resetting toilets and I find a steel liner of some sort inside the ABS. It starts just below the flange and continues through the bend though I could not get my camera positioned to tell when it stopped. I had the walls open before and from...
  7. Rocknroj

Second floor shower drain leaking

could be lead packed in.
  8. Rocknroj

Help identify shower valve body

Thanks for the input. I am trying to identify the valve body brand and model.
  9. Rocknroj

Help identify shower valve body

Cannot tell what I have in this rental I purchased. The trim is loose and not much luck finding an allen that will fit.. I assume that if I can identify I can find the right size tool. Thanks in advance... Why do not the manufacturers stamp their products anyway?? Got the handle off...
  10. Rocknroj

Bathtub cold stem valve leaks after replacement, a month later. Washer keeps failing. Any suggestions on why?

Since you have no replies, I offer my $.02.. Wrong part perhaps? You should probably identify the make of the valve that you are trying to repair to get any help. And of course leak meaning what, not shutting off, leaking from the stem??? I have heard new stands for 'never ever worked'...
  11. Rocknroj

Can I put 1/2" plywood on top of cement under a prefab shower pan?

Feeling your pain of no replies.. so my $.02.. cement holds moisture and you are asking for rot. Not sure exactly what you are trying to do but if you are trying to build up perhaps cement backer board.. concrete mix, self leveling cement all would be options.. Sure there are more...
  12. Rocknroj

Shower Pan Center drain or side drain... pros, cons, thougthts?

Thanks for reading and providing input. I have the opportunity to install a new 60" shower pan. The PO had converted the right side drain (a former tub) to a center drain. I am guessing it would be easy enough for me to move it back if I wanted. I am installing a sterling acrylic base. I...
  13. Rocknroj

Help Identify this shower pan

Took a plastic putty knife and started removing caulk.. Two layers. Different material. I added a couple pics. One layer supposedly adhering a drip lip covered by a second layer of silicone. They only installed ( or should I say attempted to install) the drip edge on the side below the...
  14. Rocknroj

60” x 32” alcove shower pan install

What kind of mortar is proper for that, regular or modified or does it matter? Did a delta a while back and they specifically stated not to use modified thinset.
  15. Rocknroj

Help Identify this shower pan

I have a leak in this thing and am trying to determine how it was installed. I have only done shower pans with built in curbs and lips. This appears to only be sealed by caulking?? Had to take the wall down behind it to fix secure the loose valve body and decided better to do a test by...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks