Recent content by robshobs

1. R

Water Softener Questions

No, I have not seen any significant pressure drop. My soaker tub in the master bath has always had high pressure and continues to do so. I do wish I had measure the gpm before and after. The other day I was showering and noticed low pressure but that is pretty typical when three of us are...
  2. R

Water Softener Questions

OK. It was 20 minutes to cut into the piping, make all of the Shark Bite connections and connect to the water softener. It took us about hour and a half more to fill the take with resin, connect everything together and get it running. I didn't think that was too bad for having never installed a...
  3. R

Programming Fleck SXT Timer

This helps a lot. Thank you for all of the information. Rob
  4. R

Water Softener Questions

Lending my two cents to the plumbing question, I installed my system on Monday. I cut into the main copper line and installed a bypass valve system using Sharkbite connectors and valves from Home Depot. I then used flexible tubing to tie the softner to the water lines. It took me less than 20...
  5. R

dittohead, Found the sticker. The unit is close to the wall and because of bifocals I couldn't get a good read. Got my son to stick his head back there and it says 0.5 gpm. For a 50K setting, the brine tank is filling with 5 gallons (10 minutes x 0.5 gpm) and that would yield a 6 lb salt...
  6. R

Yes, it is the brass 9000. Perhaps I should have done more research up front. I've only had the unit online for four days. Is this something I should be concerned about? Perhaps I need to seek a return for the 9100? I set the unit back to Meter Immediate and there is no Safety Factor. I was...
  7. R

I installed my new water softener this past week. The system came from the internet vendor pre-programmed. I had a question about a few of the settings. Let me provide some information about my installation. 8 people @ 60 gallons/person/day = 10,080 grains/day Water hardness: 21 grains/gal...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks