Recent content by RobPaula

1. R

Ooodles of Iron

Thanks Gary. I was confusing sulfates with SRB. It's 250ppm here as well. Chlorine it is.
  2. R

Ooodles of Iron

Hmmm, well, we have a huge well with a lot of water and very fast refresh rate. Our well is a 24" bored well and 90 feet deep with about 70 feet of water. From what I understand we're supposed to take water out of the well, shock it, and put it back in to the well to force the bleached water...
  3. R

Ooodles of Iron

Thanks for that Gary. OK. So would I correct in assuming a system employing a chlorine pre-treatment would be the most effective solution for high levels of iron and sulfates, but would still require a softener to deal with the hardness? I'm aiming for something that can remove 30ppm+ so that...
  4. R

Ooodles of Iron

I double checked last and it's magnesium, not manganese. I believe the chlorine injection model "should" take the magnesium out as well. Is that correct?
  5. R

Ooodles of Iron

My water test is as follows... pH 8 Sodium 79.96 PPM Potassium 4.23 PPM Calcium 69.23 PPM Magnesium ((Perhaps Manganese, don't remember.) 18.51 PPM Total Harness 249.09 PPM Iron 13.01 PPM Total Alkalinity 382.8 PPM Carbonate 0 PPM BiCarbonate 467.1 PPM Hydroxide 0 PPM Chloride 14.7 PPM Fluoride...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks