Recent content by robo_geek

1. robo_geek

Mansfield 180 flush valve

Maybe their 'support' link would help? http://mansfieldplumbing.com
  2. robo_geek

10" Rough In Options

if you're close, you can try an offset flange adapter.
  3. robo_geek

10" Rough In Options

In my basement toilet, I thought I needed a 10" rough in The old Gerber was literally jammed up against the wall...the tank cover would not go on correctly. When I looked at the published measurements of the Drake I assumed that it was maybe a 50% chance that it would fit. The new...
  4. robo_geek

Toto-Drake, Eco-Drake, UltraMax

Just installed four new Toto Drakes to save a few $$, we went with two ADA height, two regular. The two bathrooms the kids tend to use are regular height, grown-ups get ADA height. Installed these back in January 2009, to replace four Gerber 1.6GPF toilets that blocked once a week. So...
  5. robo_geek

Myspace = malware¿

I've used Trend for many years and lately I've found that it's not very effective. I've had good luck with PC Tools 'Spyware Doctor' and purchased it after my wife's PC had a bad bout of 'Vundo' spyware (ugh). Myspace seems to be crawling with malware....I've even gone as far as setting up a...
  6. robo_geek

How often do air-admittance valves go bad?

I see that I can buy Studor AAVs at one of the big-box stores. As long as mine are threaded on, I'm gonna swap them out to be safe. $22 each. Thanks for the reply. Photo added by Terry Love
  7. robo_geek

Aquia, what rough-in do I need?

unfortunately, from what I've seen, the Vespin or Carlysle have 10" models, but they're not ADA..though could be wrong. The only ADA/10s are three commercial gravity-flushers from Toto: CST703R.10 If it's PVC, would an offset flange work? You could offset by up to 1.5"
  8. robo_geek

Toilet Flange Problem

Having installed a couple of toilets in my day..... When in doubt, install a standard cast-iron or adjustable closet-flange riser. You can get away with being a little crooked, but being too short is never good. (there's some sort of a joke there). The bigger concern would be that the flange...
  9. robo_geek

How often do air-admittance valves go bad?

I recently moved into a newer (1997) house which has at least six or seven air-admittance valves. There's one under the sink in the kitchen, one in the (main level) laundry room, one under the sink in the master bath, etc. I noticed that every once in a while there are some odd smells...not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks