Recent content by RobertZ

1. RobertZ

Bonding questions for new jacuzzi tub

I posted on this electrical forum hoping to find the same kind of great advice I'd found in all of the plumbing forums on this site. Unfortunately this time it wasn't the case. J dub, excuse me if my electrical knowledge is no where near your caliber. But then again, that's why I'm here isn't...
  2. RobertZ

Hey Kreem, The way I read the installation instructions (previous post #6), the motor frame "shall" have a 8 bonding conductor connected from the frame bonding lug to the home electrical panel or an approved local bonding point. "Shall" meaning that it is required. It does not say anywhere that...
  3. RobertZ

First I would like to say that I do appreciate you taking the time to try and help me out. But let me reassure you that I have been doing a lot of thinking about this installation which is why I posted my questions on this forum. I understand what an EGC does and that it connects to the motor...
  4. RobertZ

Hey JW, Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm a little confused by the installation directions provided with my American Standard jacuzzi tub. If you look at the image below, Step 2 says to ensure the heater and pump are GROUNDED and BONDED and that they should be connected to a local bonding...
  5. RobertZ

Hey guys. Thanks for the help. I'm still a bit confused about my first question... Am I meeting the requirement of grounding and bonding the tub motor and tub heater if I connect the 8 AWG solid copper conductor to the grounding wire I found under the floor? Thanks again!
  6. RobertZ

Hey everyone, As part of my bath remodel I am installing a new jacuzzi tub and heater and understand that they need to be properly grounded and bonded with a 8 AWG solid copper conductor. Having pulled up the subfloor to plumb the new tub, I noticed a solid copper line running under the...
  7. RobertZ

supply lines for new shower

Thanks everyone for the input. Sorry for the delayed response. Been out of commission the last few days. Running larger lines from the main is not really an option in my case but it sounds like I should be OK for my project. I had originally thought of adding a second rain shower head to the...
  8. RobertZ

supply lines for new shower

Hey all, I am in the process of adding a seperate shower into our masterbath. Currently we have 1/2" copper supply lines feeding a single vanity, a tub/shower combo, and the toilet. I was planning to T off the existing 1/2" copper lines and running new lines to the shower. The tub/shower...
  9. RobertZ

plumbing for new vanity

Thanks HJ I looked at my situation and it looks like your idea will work out with our vanity. Thanks for the suggestion. 2" it is
  10. RobertZ

plumbing for new vanity

hey all. I'm planning the drain for a new double vanity and i ran into a couple of joists at the exterior wall. the space between the joists is limited and would only allow me to put in a 1.5 drain but i could connect that into a 2 drain below the joists. here is my planned drain. Let me know if...
  11. RobertZ

Type of insulation for new shower. Vapor barrier?

Hi Dana, Thanks for the help. Now I know how my set up will go. Thanks again everyone!
  12. RobertZ

Thanks for the insight gentelmen. JW, I am using a pre made shower pan for this project. To give a bit more info, this is a stucco home that has the black tar paper on the exterior of the walls. If I'm not mistaken, if I use a vapour barrier won't that create a sandwhich in the walls for...
  13. RobertZ

Hey guys. I was hoping to do this project this weekend. Any help would be greatly apprecaited. Thanks again Rob
  14. RobertZ

Hello everyone. I am getting ready to tile up a new shower in our master bath. The shower will have two exterior walls and one interior wall and I will be hanging 1/2" cement board and applying Redgard before tiling. I had a few questions I was hoping to get some help with: What type...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks