Recent content by robertt

1. robertt

Water Quality Project (Iron, Hardness, Arsenic)

How would I test for oxygen content to gauge the likely effectiveness of the magnesium oxide filter? Your comment about the final media that is removing the arsenic lasting longer if you successfully remove some upstream is what I was thinking also. The people that sell the MangOx filter also...
  2. robertt

Another question--- From a functional standpoint, would you accomplish the same thing if you had a MangOx(or equiv) filter followed by a Turbidex filter? With the MangOx filter there is a good shot a getting meaningful reduction of arsenic. If that is true then that might play pretty big. Is...
  3. robertt

Thanks Ditto, no one else jumping in here with any other ideas so I'll ask a few questions. Do you have a recommendation for the injection system? How big does the contact tank need to be? There is already installed a sand trap that is really the same as a resin tank, it has a down tube so the...
  4. robertt

Thanks Ditto, When you say a whole house filter are you talking about a regular backwash filter with something like a Mang Ox or similar media? If so I didn't realize that approach would help the turbidity. I assume the RO comments are only for drinking water only? My budget? Good...
  5. robertt

Ok, I finally got my water test results back. I was surprised that I do NOT have hard water. This agrees with the Hach 5B test kit I just received also. I guess all the stains I see are just from the iron and what ever is causing the turbidity. I knew I had the arsenic but the fluoride was a...
  6. robertt

Mikey, I got a hold of the University of Idaho and talked to their lab. I was getting encouraged until I realized they don't do drinking water. The reason they don't as well as the county extension doesn't is they aren't allowed to compete with private labs. The local lab is pretty expensive so...
  7. robertt

I am in the early stages of a water quality project. We have a mountain house that we have been working on for a few years but still not quite able to stay up there yet. The symptoms we have are reddish water out of the taps and a lot scale built up and iron staining on brand new toilets that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks