Recent content by robertsmu

1. R

critique my dwv model

Since this is a Plumbing & Remodel DIY advice forum, perhaps Tyler came here looking for advice on a diy project. Only Tyler knows his true abilities. I don't see why plumbing professionals that are offended that people would consider taking on projects themselves (and thus take food off...
  2. R

Advice - Tankless Water Heaters !

Sure, had the drip pan been installed 35 years ago!! The heater that recently failed didn't drop its water. There was decades of damage there, my friends. When I replaced the water heater on the other side of my house a couple of years ago, I put a drip pan under that one. All nice and...
  3. R

Tankless heaters are def more complex than traditional heaters, will require regular maintenance, and are more expensive to install, but they probably won't cause the problem that I am now fixing: water damage caused by a leaking water heater. The heater before this unit must have leaked as...
  4. R

Excellent information (and videos) are available at http://www.tanklessuniversity.com It's a Bosch site. "Ed Sullivan" has a hysterical New England accent.
  5. R

Toilet Venting

Since the toilet is less than 4 feet from the vent location, I will go with either of the "pink" options. Thanks for the feedback, guys.
  6. R

Toilet Venting

It is possible for me to move the toilet within the room (though it is slightly less aesthetic than the location it is currently in). Here's what that would look like. My concern is I don't want to have to snake out the toilet every year. The 90 with high heel option concerns me because of...
  7. R

Toilet Venting

Here is an elevation that helps explain it better. Notice the toilet waste line runs parallel to the floor joists. The fittings in yellow are the "high heel" option. The fittings in pink are the "down stream" option. Thanks to all.
  8. R

Toilet Venting

Yes, there is only enough room for a 90 (2x6 joists on top of 2x sill on top of slab). The slab is only 3 feet wide, the rest of the foundation is pier and beam (looks like they originally framed this area of the house for a porch, then changed their minds and enclosed it as living space). I...
  9. R

Toilet Venting

Hey guys, I'm renovating a guest bathroom, and due to some weird foundation issues, it appears I have limited choices in venting the toilet. I can vent 3' downstream of the toilet. or I have found this fitting with a high heel outlet that would work in the space I have (naturally the 2"...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks