Recent content by rob742

1. rob742

Have autotrol 440I timer control not working

Also do you know what the odds are that it is the motor. Or from experience do the gears break more often?
  2. rob742

Do I need to put the tank in bypass first and release any pressure in the valve assy before I remove the Timer ?
  3. rob742

Hi I have a Autotrol 440I Timer control for Model AF 263-2D acid neutralozer. The regeneration cycle is not strarting on the programed time. I set the correct Time but when I check the time again it is always way off. How hard is it to replace the timer? Or could it just be the motor? Whay do...
  4. rob742

Shock treating well after new well pump was installed

I had my well water tested by a certified EPA lab and it came back as negative for Total coliform bacteria
  5. rob742

LLigetfa, If IRB/SRB is suspected in the well. Would the lab be able to determine the presence and cause of it? There appeared to be rust colored coating on the hose that went to the pump. I would have to tell the lab what checks I need to have done and they will do it. Could something be in the...
  6. rob742

I guess I have doubts now about the plumber. He said he has been in business 26 years and has an A+ BBB rating. But it just did not seem right that the well was not shocked after the new pump was installed. I guess I screwed up. He said he has done a lot of pump installs and that is the first...
  7. rob742

In the past when my well had tested positive for Total Coliform. I just dropped Chlorinating pellets down into the well. This was enough to get the Total Coliform to meet the EPA Safe drinking water standards. The difference here is the old well pump and hosing were removed and a new pump was...
  8. rob742

Water rusty and full of sediment after new submersable well pump was installed

I ended up dumping entire tank. Put new bed in and filled with calcite media. The MB700 calcite /corosex mix had big clumps hard like rock. Now pressure is good. Next step is to shock treat the well. I need advice on this. The well is 290' deep. From the ground level to where I see water is 20'...
  9. rob742

Is it safe to run chlorine water into acid neutralizer from well shock treatment?

I am going to shock treat my well. I had the well pump replaced and my water is testing positive for coliform bacteria. I did not know if I should bypass the acid neutralizer or if it would be Ok to run it into the neutralizer?
  10. rob742

I had a new well pump installed. Also had new pressure tank installed and I changed all the media in my acid neutralizer. The water is running clear now but I will need to shock treat my well. Is it safe to run the chlorine water into the acid neutralizer? The media is calcite. I figure that...
  11. rob742

Low water pressure from water coming out of acid neutralizer. Bypass pressure is OK

It is a Autotrol 440i control. There is a knob that can be turned to backwash position then water comes out of the drain going to the septic pipe. It will backwash for 20 minutes. I have added a 5 gallon container of MB700 calcite corosex media to the little media left about 2 weeks ago. The...
  12. rob742

The plumber said the MB700 calcite corosex mix was bad for the neutralizer as it would get very hard and cause problems. I don't know that having bypassed the neutralizer for a few days and not having had it back washed until today may have caused this problem. But I do notice small specks of...
  13. rob742

Craigpump, When I put it in bypass pressure is normal. I tried using backwash cycle 3 times. I had hoped the backwash would clear out any clog but it did nothing. So I have put it back in Bypass, At least I get clear water and good pressure in bypass
  14. rob742

he said my acid neutralizer was probably clogged and I should try putting it in backwash. I tried backwashing but it did not work. Plumber told me to try it a couple of more times. He said if this did not work whole tank would have to be emptied and refilled.
  15. rob742

Low water pressure from water coming out of acid neutralizer. Bypass pressure is OK

Hi everyone. I had to replace my well pump and pressure tank. After I did this I put my acid Neutralizer in bypass mode until the water coming out of the faucets was clear.It was rust colored so I have waited 3 days for it to become clear. But now when I put the acid neutralizer back into...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks