Recent content by Rob Sappe

1. Rob Sappe

Can someone check my 5600SXT settings - also question on acid neutraliser

So I got my system up and running but I think I need to adjust. I know the calcite neutralizer is adding hardness but I already had it. Before calcite neutralizer, raw water was 9. Now 19 before softener. What settings should I change to and when is a good time to change? System has been...
  2. Rob Sappe

Yes I can add a drain before the softener and after the calcite tank when I install. just wasn't sure if I could take hardness test after everything and compensate that way. yes I already have the calcite tank. Mid Atlantic Water assured me a 2.5 CF tank could do it... even without Corosex...
  3. Rob Sappe

64k system (4 people) - well water System info (not programmed) salt lb/cuft = 6.75 ; A choice ( efficiency vs capacity) BLFC = 0.5 ; Brine Refill rate GPM cubic ft resin = 2 ; ft3 resin = (nominal grains)/32,000 Raw hardness = 8 ; not including any compensation (PH is 5.7 and a calcite...
  4. Rob Sappe

Softener, Tell me what I have here

Based on my 8 hardness would a 48K softener be sufficient or should I go to a 64K? Is there any real harm in going to big? Is it any more efficient? The cost difference in the two is minimal thanks Rob
  5. Rob Sappe

from my current setup ....could this be a calcite tank? from previous posts, most were unsure
  6. Rob Sappe

the Calcite tank will help with PH correct? up flow or down flow? either one better than the other?
  7. Rob Sappe

new house as in "new to me". House was built in 1986, no idea on age of the softener system, but probably original.
  8. Rob Sappe

finally got my water test results back from WaterCheck. regarding PH should I look at a neutraliser as preventive maintenance so I don't get pin holes in the future? I think pipes failing is scarier then hard water comfort. do water tests tell if any sediment canister pre filters or after...
  9. Rob Sappe

Evening all, Just moved into a new house and have been assessing our softener/filter system and have a few questions on what I have here. I plan on rebuilding the softener head (fleck 5600) and possibly adding some sort of sediment filter and possibly a carbon filter if needed after I get my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks