Recent content by roadk

1. roadk

Steam Boiler Repair pricing. how much do you guys charge per hour for labor?

Tom, It's funny how someone can be so insulting... (and probably deny it later) I'm not complaining about the price. But that being said, why do you think it's wrong to question it? Buying a Harley and never riding it, and paying an unfair/overcharged bill (if that was the case) are two...
  2. roadk

Thanks guys. I just wanted to make sure that he was in line with what you guys might charge. I appreciate the help, as always. -Thomas
  3. roadk

I just had my 20 year old Weil-McLain steam boiler repaired and got the bill. I was present for the entire repair so I know what was done, and how long it took. The boiler wouldn't fire. So he thought it was the thermocoupler. Replaced it, but still didn't fire. Then did some electrical...
  4. roadk

toilet supply makeover options...

thanks terry. i appreciate the help. have a great thanksgiving! -thomas
  5. roadk

oops. here's the photo http://gallery.me.com/thomasmilewski#100052/photo i guess my real issue is that i've found chrome extension valves, but the 5" pipe is chrome plated- and i've never dealt with that. like this one: http://www.hardwareandtools.com/invt/u742403?ref=gbase can i...
  6. roadk

here's a photo of my toilet supply line. i would like to dress it up and was looking for suggestions to get some chrome on it to match the rest of my bathroom hardware. i can't (or would rather not) remove any of the beadboard. any suggestions would be great appreciated. -thomas
  7. roadk

safest baseboard heating?

thanks for the replies. i was leaning towards the oil filled baseboard for the reason that the oil wouldn't get hot enough to ignite anything that MAY come in contact with it accidentally.... and billy, thanks for the i appreciate the help as always. -thomas
  8. roadk

safest baseboard heating?

safest electric baseboard heater? I am in the process of finishing my attic in my 1926 colonial. The conditioned space will be 25 foot by 12 foot. wall are insulated with R-30 and it has two windows on one gable end, one window on the other. the attic was parially finished and had a 6 foot...
  9. roadk

basement bath height issues...

thanks for the replies. one of my thoughts was to dig out for the shower only and have a step down stall. i've never seen one before though. are they common? anyone have any experience with them? i would love to get even more than 4" form the step down if possible..
  10. roadk

basement bath height issues...

I am thinking of remodeling my unfinished basement ( home built in 1926) and would like to put in a full bath (with shower stall , toilet and sink). The problem is that the height to the bottom of the rafters is only 6' 5". A toilet and sink wouldn't be an issue, but do you think i can get a...
  11. roadk

cold water line shaking when tub fills?

i have an american standard faucet set in my bathroom on my second floor (only) bathroom, and when you try to fill the tub or turn the shower on to a warm position on the diverter, the cold water line (from the bathroom all the way down to the street source)shakes pretty hard for as long as the...
  12. roadk

adding attic bathroom. cast iron stack questions

thanks for all the help guys. i've got this question about this vent stack: if the only one fixture (toilet on the 2nd floor) uses this stack as it's waste and vent, then can a toilet be added above it on the 3rd floor? all other fixtures in the house have/use a different vent...
  13. roadk

sorry for my confusion guys. the main stack is a waste line for the toilet on the 2nd floor. the kitchen sink on the first. it's also a waste line for a slop sink in the basement. doesn't it ALSO operate as a vent for the toilet? thanks. -thomas
  14. roadk

i am thinking about adding a toilet and sink to my attic and was thinking that it would make most sense to add it directly above the bathroom below it to tie into the existing cast iron stack. how would one tie into the cast iron stack? i'm not going to do it myself (i'll do the rest of...
  15. roadk

Toilet supply line make-over

Thanks for the help guys. I've sweated all my new bathroom copper. just didn't know what to do about the existing fitting in the other bathroom. It will be close to the wall- i agree, a real fire hazard. I'll be certain to use my flame shield and have an extinguisher on hand ;) Thanks again for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks