Recent content by Rngr275

1. Rngr275

New well and cloudy water question

It appears to be clearing quickly... I've flushed twice for 10 minutes each (10GPM pump) and it made a huge improvement. How is a well grouted?
  2. Rngr275

I don't know what TDS is or to measure it.
  3. Rngr275

The well is 153 ft deep, Pump is set at ~110-120 feet. The top of the water column in the well was at ~ 30 ft from the surface (as measured a few days after drilling. The driller said it was putting out 20-30 gal/minute (not sure how he measured. Not sure how long the casing is. He say the...
  4. Rngr275

First, thanks for the advice on choosing a submersible pump and installing a CSV in the system. Everything works perfectly! Now the issue: Not exactly a new well but the well was drilled in early December just before everything got really cold and the snow started piling up (I live in upstate...
  5. Rngr275

Need Submersible pump with low Starting Power Requirement

All, As the title says, I need a submersible pump for my new well. Back Story: Bought an Amish farm in 2012, had it plumbed, put in a bathroom and a septic system. The house is powered by an off grid solar/battery system. My inverter has a continuous output rating of 3600VA @120V. The inverter...
  6. Rngr275

No water head scratcher

Its been a while since I've posted but I am having a problem with my water system and where better to go than here! Here is the scenario: A week or so ago my yells to me that there is no water coming from the kitchen faucet. I head to the cellar and check the pump (plug and unplug) and nothing...
  7. Rngr275

On my second heat exchanger!

The hardness was tested at 50ppm (or less). Takagi's spec for hardness is 120ppm so I have a little room. Thanks for your input.
  8. Rngr275

Awfully tight pH spec. but it is what it is. SInce my pH is between 6-6.5 it appears I will need to treat the water. I think a Calcite filter system should work since the starting pH is not too low. I still find it hard to believe that water with a pH in the 6-6.5 range can eat through a copper...
  9. Rngr275

Evening all… It has been awhile. So I installed a Takagi T-K4-IN-P around September 2012. It developed a water leak up in the combustion chamber December 2013 (15 months old). The heating coils and chamber were in perfect shape and they replaced the exchanger, no questions asked. Two weeks ago...
  10. Rngr275

So much for a "Professional"

Little pissed but but here goes.... Hired a plumber to install DWV for a bathroom/laundry room combonation. I was going to do it but wanted to make sure it was done correctly. I read the Tips link provided here and had a good feel for what needed to be done so that I could check his work (came...
  11. Rngr275

Kitchen Double sink

The cabinet is going against a finished wall under a window so up through the floor is how it will be installed (H2O also). I will need to install an air admittance valve. Wish I wasn't but they are leagal here and will have to do. I will adjust the height of the drain but what about the...
  12. Rngr275

Kitchen Double sink

I am installing a double kitchen sink in an existing room (new Kitchen). The drain will come up through the floor. Are there any preferences for 1) Stub height, 2) Drain centered or offset in the cabinet, anything else I should look out for or plan for? If you had some guideline dimensions that...
  13. Rngr275

DWV Question

HJ, I agree with you and I should have made the question simpler (more clear). I was having a venting discussion with a potential contractor and the basic question is/was: Toilet to the right, tub to the left, wall separating them. Drain to drain diastance~ 3feet. Can we run a vent in that...
  14. Rngr275

DWV Question

I appologize for not having a diagram. I am living in an Amish house I recently purchased which means no plumbing. I am remodeling a wood room which was an addition to the original house and uses conventional 2x6 framing. Room is open from the ground to the roof (used to store kitchen stove...
  15. Rngr275

New cold and hot feed to a new bathroom

I am having a new bathroom put in and I am trying to figure out the supply line lay out. The bathroom will have a shower stall, toilet and sink. Water suppy will be from the cellar to the second floor. There is only room for a couple Pex lines up the the bathroom maybe more. I was thinking about...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks