Recent content by RMNewbie

1. RMNewbie

Loctite PL550 or DAP DynaGrip Tub Surround Adhesive preference

I am working on a new shower install and need to glue up some 1/4 thick Swanstone solid Shower walls. The backing material is WediBoard. I've narrowed it down to these two products. Anyone worked with either of these products before? Preferences or advice? They both have similar working time (...
  2. RMNewbie

What is your preferred adhesive for gluing up shower Walls to backer board

Thanks LLigetfa I'll start looking for something that gives me some working time and has does not need long air exposure. That gives me some spec's to narrow down. Thanks Ray
  3. RMNewbie

Thanks John Back wall first then ( 48 inches) then side walls ( 34 inches) I see the advantage of having the braces ready to go, Once the adhesive is applied it's go time. And the circles make sense now Thanks Ray
  4. RMNewbie

The Swanstone is a 1/4 inch solid material that according to the documentation is waterproof itself. The full sheet itself is flexible but heavy. It is one of those products that the whole material is solid color through out. They seem to recommend 100% Silicone but the more I read , the more...
  5. RMNewbie

I am in the process of gathering product for a shower wall project. Basically a Swanstone shower wall kit to a Backer Board probably Wedi or Wonderboard. There seems to be a lot of choices for adhesives. Silicone seems to be one of the primary choices. In the Swanstone documentation they...
  6. RMNewbie

Struggling to make a choice of backer boards for Swan Shower Walls

I have decided to go with a glue up ( Silicone) Alcove Shower walls using the Swanstone kit. I have read so much about the backer boards and water proofing that I am having trouble deciding on a few things. I have questions maybe someone can answer or provide advice. Swanstone glue up wall in...
  7. RMNewbie

New Shower pre-fab kit recommendations

So I just spent most of the day looking at Kohler Luxstone to discover that it is only sold through dealers and installers now. Then looked at Kohler choreograph line for DIY then found out they discontinued it. Now looking at Swanstone, down the rabbit hole!
  8. RMNewbie

New Shower pre-fab kit recommendations

First post here! I have been reading a lot of the posts for quite a while and found a lot of great information on things for projects I have done. I am strictly a do-it-yourself-er with some things turning out great and other just OK. So my wife has decided the old 30 year old one piece...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks