Recent content by rmanny

1. rmanny

Air bubbles in hydronic in-slab heating system

If you look at the pic I posted of the valve, it looks different than the one you link to. My valve is venting air at all times unless you screw the cap down.
  2. rmanny

Agreed - all the air needs to be purged from the system ASAP. What I am afraid of damage-wise is leak up through the slab into the flooring. I'd like to determine if/where the leak is before re-pressurizing.
  3. rmanny

Really? Even though for 7 years never saw this problem? Yes - the water heater is the boiler for the system. What makes you think that the water heater is the culprit? I mean, I really want to believe that I can fix this by just filling the system, just want to be sure I'm not going to cause...
  4. rmanny

This pic might make it a little clearer. I've marked the pipes that are NOT part of the heating system with red arrows.
  5. rmanny

Hello - hopefully I've posted this in the right section... I have an 8-year old house with radiant heat system in the slab. The system has worked fine for the first 7 winters, but this winter I have new problems. The system had been on for several weeks, then started making gurgling noises...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks