Recent content by RK05

1. RK05

Help with the proper connectors with cast to PVC

I think that may be my best way to tackle this. What would be my best way to get down and around the pipe? I want to be careful not to break it but I don't want to spend all day getting to it. Do I need to rent a small electric jack hammer and a concrete saw or could I possible do this with my...
  2. RK05

So, it looks as if this may be a bigger project than I thought. I just got off the phone with Sterling and the reason they don't give a vertical height dimension for the drain hole is because there is none! The hole pretty much meets at the floor. I guess i could always put back in a bed floor...
  3. RK05

Thanks, hopefully Terry or someone else who removes these allot will chime in. When I stopped by the Ferguson supply house they said that was probably the type of drain that I had by showing them the pictures. The shower kit I'm putting in has a 4" hole so I will need to put in a larger drain...
  4. RK05

What would be the best way to try to unscrew the drain flange? Use a pipe wrench on in with another holding the lower nut and try unscrewing it? The same thing with the sink drain. If its soldered in am I going to just have to pry it out? Sorry for all the questions but I don't want to break...
  5. RK05

Ok, so I have some better photos of this shower drain that I hope will allow you guys to give me some better advice on how to procede. The height from the floor to the top of the drain is right at 2". I was looking at the sink drain and it looks and feels like the square hole is some...
  6. RK05

It will line up because the old shower was almost 60" wide and I am putting in a 48" wide unit (72220100). I already have the backwall and one side wall framed out for the enclosure. That is the way I take it, that the previous owner just shoved the PVC pipe into the drain and cemented around...
  7. RK05

I will try the water to see if it stays at its current level. Are you referring to the condition of the drains under ground based off of the picture of the shower drain? I don't have the money to fix something that isn't broken yet. I'm all for preventative maintenance but is there a compelling...
  8. RK05

Those pics are for two different areas. The vent for the shower is about maybe 4' away from the drain. The drain is up because I removed about 4~5" of shower bed under what I believe was a lead shower pan. I believe there is a trap way down below (there is about a 2' or better distance from the...
  9. RK05

What would you suggest to be my best approach to this? Should I try and remove all the concrete or whatever is around the opening to the sink drain and do the same thing for the shower as well as remove the inner 4" drain? Then I could get a better measurment on the ID of both pipes. Without...
  10. RK05

Thanks for the reply Gary. Yes, from searching this site I see that fernco is a brand and generic name used for these types of connectors. With my current CI ending flush with the floor if I wanted to use the banded type coupler I would need to dig down enough to expose enough of the CI for the...
  11. RK05

THIS item from HD looks like it could work?
  12. RK05

Come one guys and girls I'm sure one of you can point out what the proper transition connector would be going from CI to PVC for these two applications. My plumber went AWOL so I'm left with doing this myself! I'm sure its fernco type of fitting but more interested in how deep I need it in the...
  13. RK05

I'm going to try and tackle my plumbing for a basement remodel. I have two plumbing connections that I need to make, 1) replace the old shower with new for a Sterling shower enclosure. 2) Replace old bar with a new "wet" bar setup but do a proper connection not like what I found. Here are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks