Recent content by rjschwar

1. rjschwar

4 Wire Range and Oven to 3 Wire SE Cable

Correct, the oven has a splice...SE cable coming in from panel, 2 insulated one bare aluminum, SE going out to cooktop (same type of cable) as well as the 4 wire whip, 3 insulated one bare copper. The cooktop just has the one SE coming from the oven and the 4 wire from the cooktop.
  2. rjschwar

Old SE cable currently goes to the wall oven AND to the island cooktop. Both appliances are 4 wire copper.
  3. rjschwar

The cooktop is 4 wire on the 240 circuit with a built in downdraft fan. Same with the oven/microwave. 4 wire 240 appliance and somewhere internal the microwave is getting the 120V. There is nothing else on the circuit except the 2 240V appliances. Here's maybe another dumb question. The...
  4. rjschwar

Yes, the existing SE cable originates at the service panel. The spa panel is a separate circuit that also originates at the service panel. The service panel is indoors but has the 200 amp breaker to shut off power to the whole house. It would be difficult to run a new 4 conductor cable to the...
  5. rjschwar

Running a full new run would be very difficult. My panel is in a bad position across the house from my kitchen. It sounds like I'm grandfathered based on the code above, but I'm curious if a GFCI would help anything, or whether it is worth/allowed pulling a ground from my spa circuit.
  6. rjschwar

To clarify I have 3 wire SE insulated, black with red stripe insulated, and uninsulated aluminum strands running from panel to oven/micro combo then to cooktop. Both appliances are 4 standard wires. I can't pull a new wire without topping my walls apart so I guess I'm stuck with the...
  7. rjschwar

I found this thread and have a similar setup but had a couple clarification questions: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/question-on-3-wire-kitchen-range-4-wire.67912/ We replaced a couple cabinets so I had to remove and reinstall our oven/microwave combo and the cooktop. I have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks