Recent content by RJHNY1

1. RJHNY1

Installing Lutron Maestro MA-PRO switch

Hi guys, I was hoping for some guidance in installing a light switch. In my bedroom, I have MR16 LED bulbs and a light switch by my bedroom door (on/off switch, no dimmer) and another one next to the bed (dimmer switch) that control the same 4 lights. I am replacing them because I want to...
  2. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

As much as I would love the space where the oil tank is, it's not worth spending 9-10K just to get rid of the oil tank. Considering the slim margins any savings may bring, I don't think it's worth it. Especially since my boiler is on the younger side and is in perfect working condition. If my...
  3. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

Thank you for taking the time to calculate this. If I save $1100 a year between oil and gas, it would still take almost 10 years for it to pay for itself. That's a long time, no? I've been quoted about 9-10K to convert my EK 2000.
  4. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

Fantastic post, thank you very much. So because of how efficient the EK is with oil, it makes zero sense to convert to gas. EK told me that the life expectancy of the boiler is 30 years. I'm 9 years in, so maybe I'll even have 20-22 years left on it! FYI, I was told that if I converted the...
  5. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

PETRO wanted $3700 for an oil tank replacement. Another guy quoted me $2000 but the tank would have been a smaller size than 275, which is what I have now. I've done some research and based on my convos with some people, I want to go with a Roth oil tank, if I go that route. It's among the...
  6. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

Dana, I very much appreciate your detailed post, but I'm afraid much of it goes over my head. I'm not an HVAC technician or a plumber so, while I appreciate how detailed it is, it's like reading a foreign language for me. I hope you can explain a couple of things for me. Pardon my ignorance...
  7. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

My home is 2160 sq feet to be exact. I have 2 zone Trane Ameristar Condensers and Air Handlers. They're 2 Ton, 3 and half Ton 16 SEER. I don't have the model numbers off hand and would have to get it for you. Getting the Model # for the handler is going to be almost impossible b/c it's in...
  8. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

The Energy Kinetics System 2000 can be converted into a gas boiler. The manufacturer sells a conversion kit. The problem is, two Energy Kinetics dealers quoted me $8-9K just to convert. The job would entail a chimney liner, running pipe from the meter to boiler, removal of the oil tank, and...
  9. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

So in other words, you're saying that a conversion is not worth it. Am I interpreting that correctly? Thank you.
  10. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

I'm sorry for asking this dumb question, but I'm a novice here. What does that mean?
  11. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

It seems that I would only save about $300 a year with gas. I'm not sure if that's accurate. I calculated it this way: 2200 square foot home. I was told the Energy Kinetics has 87% efficiency with oil and 85% efficiency with gas. I keep my home at 68 degrees in the winter. I have no idea...
  12. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

Hi, sorry I took too long to post this, but here's a picture of my set up:
  13. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

Dana, I will PM you the information that you requested. Yes, I do have central air. How expensive is it to move over to heat pumps? Would the hot air come out of the same vents as the central air? We have monoflow heating and we hate it.
  14. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

Those are awesome posts Dana. You're a pretty smart and knowledgeable person and I thank you for taking the time to type all that out. I actually do have solar on my home, which was installed two years ago. So, rather than convert from oil to gas, it sounds like you favor the use of heat...
  15. RJHNY1

Oil to gas conversion

My mistake! I meant oil. I edited my post. That's what posting after a long day does to me. I have another Uncle who lives in East Meadow so small world! My gas costs are very small right now. I pay more for gas in the summer when I grill. Gas is usually like $22-23 a month. It's like $18...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks