Recent content by rioguia

1. rioguia

running wire in anticipation of future update

I plan to update the wiring in the top floor of my 1940's era house in the future. I have the walls open in the floor below and can easily run the wire for that purpose. 1. Can I just secure the wire to a floor joist near the main panel without installing it inside the main panel? 2. If yes...
  2. rioguia

Sump Pump Venting?

Thanks again! That answers my questions.
  3. rioguia

Sump Pump Venting?

Clarification Thanks for your responses. I am grateful for sharing your knowledge. I'm not sure I understand Redwood's response. If you are refering to the the sump discharge, it will not be connected to the sanitary system (my appologies if my drawing is not clear). The sump discharge...
  4. rioguia

Sump Pump Venting?

I am adding a sump pump and tile trench to my basement (see link to photo below). http://www.substantis.com/gallery/album71a/sump_pit I want to use the basement as living space and obviously want to avoid the smell associated with a sump pit. I have purchased a Zoeller with a battery back...
  5. rioguia

Natural gas union on a hot water heater

I still need help. Are you telling me to crank the large wrench counter-clockwise?
  6. rioguia

Natural gas union on a hot water heater

I have to replace my Whirlpool Flame Lock water heater. I am having a little problem removing the natural gas feed to the tank. Can anyone tell me which way to turn the union to unscrew the attachment? I need to know: 1. should I use the large wrench on the union to hold the pipe steady...
  7. rioguia

bathroom vent/heat lamp combo

I have a nutone vent/heat lamp combo for a bathroom. The install diagram shows how to have the vent and heat operate separately but only with a combo switch. I would like to have a time operate the heat lamp instead. I have attempte to adapt the nutone install instruction for this purpose...
  8. rioguia

GFCI outlet / 2 lights / switch at end of run

I'm running power from a GFCI outlet to two lights with a light switch on the end of the power run using 12/2 wire. I have made a diagram giving the details (see link below). 1. Is this a correct configuration? 2. Will the lights and switch be protected by the GFCI (assuming I wire the...
  9. rioguia

switched outlet with 3 way switches

Isolating the switched outlet from the rest of the circuit Thanks to everyone who commented. I need someone to confirm that I have this correctly drawn. I have attempted to isolate the switched outlet from the rest of the circuit by using a 14/3 coming out of the outlet with the black wire as...
  10. rioguia

switched outlet with 3 way switches

I am trying to rewire a circuit that includes a 3-way switch controlling an outlet and providing a steady power supply beyond the switch to other switches in the same circuit. The circuit is made up of a 14/2 wire from the circuit breaker. At the outlet, I provide a 14/3 wire out to the first...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks