Recent content by rightlane

1. rightlane

fleck 5600 econominder

yes, the only wires i can find involve the timer motor. i hear and see nothing on either of the timers i have,. i will check for 300mA, thansk
  2. rightlane

fleck 5600 econominder

the only wires are the timer and the transformer, right?
  3. rightlane

fleck 5600 econominder

hello all, i upgraded to a fleck 5600 econominder and have been happy for the last year, but it stopped working about a month ago. timer appears to not be keeping time at all and it won't manually regen. i replaced the timer motor and nothing changed. is there a way to check the transformer...
  4. rightlane

closed thread!

the auto fill is @ 60 ft under concrete away from the closest hard water source, so that option is out. i actually prefer having soft water for the pool, i definitely use less chemicals with it. thanks for all your input. the bypass off of the sears, will that work for other softeners or will...
  5. rightlane

closed thread!

what would a bypass for the pool do?
  6. rightlane

closed thread!

The auto-fill is soft water for the pool. which means water splashed out or evaporated is replaced. small volume i assume.
  7. rightlane

closed thread!

Wow, I feel privileged to have started a thread needing to be closed! That said, I've promised my wife that we would make a habit of buying quality products for replacement issues, and after most likely having multiple issues with the low end sears softener, will be upgrading. I've got one inch...
  8. rightlane

Little yellow beads!

I purchased it used about 2 years ago. I'm guessing the unit is @ 8-10 years old. For as long as i can remember, I've had to manually advance the Gear? to draw brine. There is a small arm that is bent and closes a circuit while in contact with the round section of the gear. As the gear turns the...
  9. rightlane

Little yellow beads!

Hello all, i have a ge smartwater softener, and sunday night adjusted the contact at the gear mechanism(sorry for wrong terminology) due to the unit not drawing brine properly. after i manually started a regen, everything appeared to work fine. the unit drew brine without me manually turning the...
  10. rightlane

smartwater not drawing brine

is the micro switch the little tab making contact?
  11. rightlane

is the rotor shaft part of the rotor disc that i just replaced? is it what slides into the geared mechanism from below? i'm wondering if the geared mech might be off a bit. is the shaft a replaceable part? thanks
  12. rightlane

rechecked everything and started a cycle with no change, water dribbling out of venturi, manually advanced the gear mech and suction started! the rotor has been replaced but didn't solve the problem. is there a chance that the gear has become misaligned?
  13. rightlane

rotor disk replaced, all new rubber throughout, still no brine draw and water dripping out of venturi setup when i dc the hose, getting ready to kill it with fire. please help. thanks, Chris
  14. rightlane

there is water going to the drain in rinse and backwash cycles. i'm pretty sure there is water going to the drain as it tries to draw a venturi during brine draw cycle or at least it sounds like water is rushing at the start of brine draw. i'll check the venturi setup again. thanks, Chris
  15. rightlane

i popped the top off to be sure, but the drain spring is still there, and i pulled the figure 8 o-ring and it doesn't go in any other way. thanks, Chris
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks