Recent content by riftsawn

1. R

best way to cut pvc pipe?

I am a woodworker, so naturally I use what tools I already have around. Anyway I use a japanese cross cut saw in those situations. They are very thin, flexable, and cut on the pull stroke. They cut through PVC like you wouldn't believe and I have never had one chipout the pvc like a sawzall...
  2. R

closet flange problem

Any suggestions on working with it? Will one type of wax ring work better than another? And just out of curosity how would you plumb the riser under a slab installation like that without bending the waste line? I guess you could use two street forty five's that were slightly offset but I...
  3. R

closet flange problem

I've been downstairs looking at it and came up with some usefull informaion ... I determined that there is at least 1/8 of space between the top of the flange and the bottom of the toilet. By putting a piece of 1/8 shim stock ontop of the high side of the flange and there was no rocking. When I...
  4. R

closet flange problem

I am working on finishing my basement bath (concrete floor) and I set the closet flange today (PVC with a stainless steel ring). The problem is that the flange does not sit perfectly flat on the floor, it is flush in the front but the back is raised up about 3/16 of an inch (it is however level...
  5. R

Closet flange on concrete

Thanks for the quick reply, I was thinking that seasonal movement of the slab would be a problem... but if the slab is going to move the bedding right under it is too. Sounds like installing the flange is going to be a non-issue, especially seince I can use the metal ring flange. I've had bad...
  6. R

Closet flange on concrete

Good morning to ya. I have been frequenting your forum for a while now and I have found a wealth if information here. For the first time in probably a year I have actually encountered a problem that I couldn't find a post that already covered my question! So here it is. I am finishing my...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks