Recent content by Ricketts

1. Ricketts

Swing check valve repair/replace

I'm going to try a spring valve. I am hoping that any sediment that jammed the lower valve will settle out in the holding tank before it gets to the upper check valve. We normally drain and clean the tank every year and there does appear to be a bit of sediment in there. Thanks, Rick
  2. Ricketts

Thanks for the replies and info. I may try to take it apart first without having to remove the whole pump assembly. Our house is a two pump system. We have a 40 foot lift from the lake to the house. We have a pump at the lake, which pumps into a water tank in the house. The second pump...
  3. Ricketts

Hi everyone; I can't seem to get the search function to work tonight for some reason. My 1" swing check valve on the inlet side of my jet pump is slowly beginning to let water bleed back. I just replaced this 1 year ago when I replaced the pump, and it worked great up to about a month ago...
  4. Ricketts

Bewildering Smell

Things are clearing up Well, I guess this is a good lesson for me...never assume lake water quality will be constant. We have lived here for 7 years and never had any changes to the taste, until this year. The taste is already going away about as quick as it appeared, so whatever is...
  5. Ricketts

Bewildering Smell

Thanks for the replies guys We have shocked the entire system from the holding tank, through the pump and pressure tank, and the filter asembly. I had already removed and disposed of the filters because I had read that bacteria like charcoal. If it was bacteria, should the UV filter...
  6. Ricketts

Bewildering Smell

Hi Gary, thanks for the response. We cleaned it approx 2 months ago with bleach (we try to do it every year, but sometimes it is two years), then again 2 nights ago with bleach and Spray Nine, but there has been no change. I have shocked the cold water from the filters up. I just don't get...
  7. Ricketts

Bewildering Smell

Hi Everyone; Hope everyone is having a good new year. If anyone has any ideas on what could be causing the funny taste in our system, please let us know. I am going to try shocking the pump/pressure tank tonight before we go to bed to see if there can be a build-up of growth of...
  8. Ricketts

Bewildering Smell

Hi Everyone; We have a bewildering taste in our water. I can't describe it. It has almost a fishy type taste. Key points: Lake water - 3/4hp Jacuzzi at lake, 40 foot lift to house. 50 gallon water fiberglass holding tank with float switch in house (pump at lake shuts off when float switch...
  9. Ricketts

Intermittent Toilet Bubble/Slow Flush

We had actually been thinking about a new toilet, but I have heard (and seen) so many horror stories about low flush toilets (plus we draw from a lake) that we are hesitant to change if we don't have to. I will look at the CLR trick. Ever since I poured the bucket of water down, my wife has...
  10. Ricketts

Thanks for the quick reply. I forgot to mention we are on a septic system. The basement toilet works fine, so I was thinking the vent may be OK, unless the basement toilet being at the end of the chain so to speak makes a vent issue less noticeable (not a clue). I also wondered about a blockage...
  11. Ricketts

Hi Everyone; We have a 30 yr old house with 2 identical older American Standard toilets - one in the basement, and one in the loft. The one in the loft acts up about every tenth flush, wherein it does the slow flush. We also get a bubble instantly when we flush, and we then know it will not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks