Recent content by Richrc1131

1. Richrc1131

Need help identifying a dishwasher part

Manufacturer: Kenmore Model: 66517052402 I am installing a used dishwasher that is missing the covers that go over the screws that mount the unit to the cabinets on the right and left sides. I'm having trouble finding the exact name of those covers and haven't seen them in the parts...
  2. Richrc1131

low voltage light question

Found the problem with the light fixture I discovered the problem. This device is made up of several segments. Each segment needs to be in physical contact (end to end) with the other. They are loosely joined together by what looks like a 3 sided folder peice of metal and a plastic surround...
  3. Richrc1131

low voltage light question

I have a ceiling light that has a loose connection between two of the segments. This is one of those low voltage lights. What happens is that the light randomly cuts off. If I squeeze that connection point, the light will stay on. The connecting area has a small metal clip on the top and...
  4. Richrc1131

Shower handle part identification question

found them I found them in the screw and fastner aisle. They're called socket head set screws.
  5. Richrc1131

Shower handle part identification question

What is the name of the little screws that are used for securing that cover plate that goes around the shower handle stem covers? They install against the wall. The screws are very small, have no head, and pointed at one end. My wife installed new shower handle hardware, but left those...
  6. Richrc1131

Sink fitting in new granite countertop question

I guess my main concern is that they said in an email that they would be drilling for the faucet and handles on site, but they didn't. They just cut a bigger hole. I am worried that the bigger hole isn't as strong as had they drilled for the faucet and handles like they said they would.
  7. Richrc1131

Ok here are the measurements: counter area: 25" deep (not including back splash area) cutout: 7/8 of an inch clearance from the back splash 24 1/4" wide 21 1/14" deep 2 3/4" from the front of the counter sink: basin is 21" wide 15 1/4" deep 4 3/4" faucet area sink perimeter: 25" wide 22" deep
  8. Richrc1131

I did supply them with the sink ahead of time.
  9. Richrc1131

I hope this is the right thread for this. Sorry if it isn't. I just had a granite counter top installed. The contractors for Home Depot I think cut the sink cutout too wide. My wife measured it (I am still at work) and said that there is only about a half inch of material under the lip of the...
  10. Richrc1131

Roof cleaning question

Not sure if this is the right forum or not, but I'm looking for advice on the solution that contractors use to clean moss off roofs. What chemical do they use and how do they apply it?
  11. Richrc1131

How to secure a shower rod

How can I secure a metal shower rod against ceramic tile? What products and/or techniques can I use?
  12. Richrc1131

Weak flush

@jadnashua - It hasn't always been this way. In fact, it's been difficult to figure out a pattern to this issue. It's been happening for a while. After talking with my wife about this, we think that this happens almost always when it rains heavily. We are at the end of a dead end street with a...
  13. Richrc1131

Weak flush

I need some advice. A toilet in our half bath has a weak flush. We've snaked the toilet (nothing). Removed the toilet and snaked the line (nothing). Still a weak flush. What other troubleshooting steps could I take? PS. We also used the garden hose to run water down the line. No issues.
  14. Richrc1131

This just doesn't look right. What do you think?

Actually, we're going to take our time (we're novices) and even remove the sub floor (it has water damage). I want to do this in as standard a way as possible. I'm having someone relocate the supply line. We'll be taking down the wall near it anyway.
  15. Richrc1131

This just doesn't look right. What do you think?

We're going to be pulling up the entire floor, pulling down two walls that weren't insulated, and installing a new sink.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks