Recent content by Richard Cropper

1. Richard Cropper

New driveway installation

Good morning! Wanted to get a few thoughts from you guys to see what you think, I have been looking and not really found a good reason to go either way. I plan on installing a 650' driveway for our new construction. Do you recommend putting down a geotextile below the base or not? The ground is...
  2. Richard Cropper

No blower on heat with door shut

Hey guys, so I am having an issue with my furnace. Its not new but selling the house and it needs fixed. So when the unit is in heat mode, auto fan and door shut I get no blower. Take the door off and the blower comes on immediately. The fix I found was taking the switch out of the metal...
  3. Richard Cropper

Well sanitizing (extra attention to 4 inch casing)

Thank you Reach for that! I used the moravec procedure and that is what gave me about a years worth of no symptoms. Like you said it is alot of work I will just have to make time for it. That's why I was toying around with another way as well. Thank you!
  4. Richard Cropper

Adding In-Line Chlorinator

Good morning everyone, not sure if this belongs in this thread or the water softener thread. You can move it if need be. Last year around this time I believe I shocked my whole system due to the IRB growing in the well and whole water system. I am going to be doing it as well again but I...
  5. Richard Cropper

New H2O Report fromKAR Labs 90

Chris, I had the same problem recently. Noticed everytime my softener regenerated that I would get a "teaish/reddish" colored water coming into my house, I would then have to go back out run another regen cycle and it was fine till the next regen cycle. Then one day I noticed my RO system was...
  6. Richard Cropper

Cloudy water after backflushing

After talking to some people and some more research I believe the dingy tea colored water ended up being IRB. I had noticed that the RO system had been getting slow as well so I pulled the filters out of it and the sediment filter was clogged with a slimy "teaish" colored material. So I...
  7. Richard Cropper

This can't be good... Water softener

Paramedic here but the excess oxygen fight is kind of similar to us, there have been a lot of studies lately about hyperoxia and oxygen toxicity that it is bad for you. We used to be taught oxygen oxygen oxygen. Well now they are actually starting to teach that and Oxygen saturation in the...
  8. Richard Cropper

Update. After some research today I am thinking this may be iron bacteria... Could it be possible that the iron bacteria is in the softener? Or would it be coming from the well. I would of thought that if it was coming from the well it would of been caught in the water test since I bypassed...
  9. Richard Cropper

Brown water

Hey guys, I posted originally in the softener forum thinking it may have been a softener issue but I think it may have gone past that. Here is a link to the original discussion. I have had the water test and the results are in that discussion as well. After a few days recently of the RO...
  10. Richard Cropper

So after letting that water sit for a little over 48 hours it never cleared up. I slowly dumped the water out leaving some in the bottom and transfered to a small glass bowl to better see what settled. Once it settles again I will post a picture but its like a brownish color it looked like...
  11. Richard Cropper

So this morning went to give the dogs some water from the sink and noticed the "dingy" color again. I guess it is really pronounced in there metal bowl but I have attached a picture to show you the difference. The left glass is same water but ran through the reverse osmosis under the sink, the...
  12. Richard Cropper

We have all pex and pvc piping in our house and barn. What soda ash setup would you recommend for what I have now? Also would it be more cost efficient/better to keep using the softener to reduce the iron or install a katalox filter? We are expecting a second child in August so money is...
  13. Richard Cropper

Yeah when I was looking at the results it seemed unexpected to me with some of the values. So keep the programmed settings I have now on the softener? Could it of just been some fluke thing that the water became that dingy color? What would be the benefit of the soda ash injector?
  14. Richard Cropper

I have attached the results of the test from KAR labs, let me know what you guys think. If there any questions of the setup I have know please feel free to ask any questions. New to this thing and just want to make sure everything is good for our family. Thank you!
  15. Richard Cropper

Also forgot to ask in the previous post. Where would be the best bet for taking the water sample? Turn the softener system to bypass and run it for a minute then take a sample from the faucet about 3 feet from the system or somewhere else? Thank you!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks